Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i have a black 04 3.8 5 speed and i really want some fog lights. unfortunately there's no where to put them. is there a conversion kit? can you put fog lights on the v6? and also, where's the best place to get fog lights for a mustang? I'd love to get bright white ones but i have no idea what's good. there's tons on ebay but i'd rather not go through ebay.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Acutally they install right where they are on the GTs. Your base model came with a grille to cover that area up. That grille will unbolt from behind. Alot of companies sell the kit right down to the OEM wires and the two switches you need. They will come with the OEM lamps and bulbs. You can also buy the Euro clear lamps to replace the OEM ones.

The bulb number for the fog lights is #899. It is a 37.5watt Sylvania Halogen so most people upgrade them to a 50watt bulb which is #885. Look around at your local auto parts store for the Xenon (blue tint) or halogen bulb that you want. If you can't find them there, www.CarDomain.com will probally have them for you. (The link leads you to the bulbs.)

Here's the diagram to know what lighs you would want.

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
go to ebay or our sponsors and pick up a set of oem gt fog lights or the clear ones which is up to you but the price is as good as you will find, look if you want however.

then you take some sort of dremel or pretty much anything and jack up the car and crawl under the bumper and chop off those 3 little vertical bars that are in the stock fog light hole, then they fog lights bolt right up with 3 or so screws, get the right kind not sure what you call them, they may come with the kit.

they also sell a fog light wiring kit or you can make your own if you want to make your own email me or pm me for an install with wiring.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I bought the kit from Justin at VMP (sponsor) and it went together nicely, full wiring harness, with relay, switch etc.

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
yea the best way to go is though vmp for the wiring harness and fog lights you want so its all nice and clean.

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
I'm getting mine from VMP, great guy to deal with, putting up with all my crap and helping me out. Justin's a great guy.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I got mine from VMP too. Definitly the best way to go.

·
Registered
651 Posts
01mineralgrey6 said:
I bought the kit from Justin at VMP (sponsor) and it went together nicely, full wiring harness, with relay, switch etc.
this man speaks the truth

great products

1 - 9 of 9 Posts