Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I hooked some fog lights up a week or two ago and ran it to a little toggle switch inside the car of course it does have a fuse in the power line and all that. Basically since I have the fog light switch that you pull out can't I just tap into that switch somehow all I would have to move is the positive wire and the ground for the switch to the fog. How hard would it be and does anybody have a diagram or know which wires in the light harness are for the fog light switch or are there no wires in place from factory to tap into it. Also I would like the function to be able to pull out the switch independently rather than hooking it up to parking lights or low beams. So basically I want it to function like factory.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Let me know if you do figure that out... I fried a switch trying that cause I apparently was wrong on the wiring.

Found in another site that one of the wires is a ground and one is hot. So the question is how was it wired?

They make a 2 relay wiring harness for adding fog lights and it uses 3 wires in the car (one to a keyed wire and two to the back of the switch for the two new wires that weren't used before). I thought it would be hot in and hot out to make the circuit but that's not it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I definetly don't wanna fry a switch and if it's two involved I'll just keep using the switch I have now I just would have like it to be more factory. Basically I think the hard part is know which wire is hot when the switch gets pulled out. Not sure if that's how it works but that's how I assume it'll work. From my research there's one that you have to tap just to get the switch to light up but I really couldn't care about that. What I can't find is which wire it is that operates with the function of pulling the fog switch out or if it's even installed from factory

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm thinking about just tapping into the hot side of the low beams and using that to turn on my relay. That way they will come in with the headlights and only work with low beams.

Right now I have a toggle switch and I just leave them on all the time. Doesn't bother me to be on all the time since I swapped bulbs to LED ($30 and bright enough to drive by)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I would be scared to mess with any electrical on the lights. Have you seen how expensive the prices for the parts are for the 13-14 mustang headlights. It's crazy and if anything went wrong and somehow the headlights got messed up I'm sure warranty would be voided on those parts. Also I would need the convenience of turning the lights off due to the fact that I have off-road lights behind the grill although I have tried leaving them on at night and it doesnt seem to bother anyone as nobody has flashed me their lights plus I was behind my friend the other day and he said it didn't bother him either. i guess due to the fact that they are behind the grill they aren't as bright. Anyways I would need the convenience to turn the light on and off so it has to be either the toggle switch or fog light switch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts