Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yall know how to hook up fog lights to the parking lights? So when u turn on parking lights tha fog lights will come on 2...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Jhagan1980 did his to where the fogs can be turned on even without parking lights by somehow utilizing the convertible plug that's unused in a reg coupe

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jwhayne0001 said:
Jhagan1980 did his to where the fogs can be turned on even without parking lights by somehow utilizing the convertible plug that's unused in a reg coupe
You know how?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Fog lights can pull enough power that they probably should be on a separate relay and circuit to prevent overheating and eventual failure of switches and wiring. Some SN95's had a fog light switch instead of the plug in the console. I would assume that at least part of the wiring exists in all SN95's for the fog lights and switch installation.
You can find wiring diagrams in the "Useful Mustang Info" thread, in the Very Useful and Ford Fuel Injection links. :good:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
648 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
Fog lights can pull enough power that they probably should be on a separate relay and circuit to prevent overheating and eventual failure of switches and wiring. Some SN95's had a fog light switch instead of the plug in the console. I would assume that at least part of the wiring exists in all SN95's for the fog lights and switch installation.
You can find wiring diagrams in the "Useful Mustang Info" thread, in the Very Useful and Ford Fuel Injection links. :good:
I believe it takes the existing power for the convertible top(which mines not) and uses it to put power to the fog lights.

image-994724600.png

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I seen first hand if you hook fog lights to the headlight it will overload and the lights will go off while driving down the road not a great felling at nite lol.

·
Registered
648 Posts
kid_kash_00 said:
I seen first hand if you hook fog lights to the headlight it will overload and the lights will go off while driving down the road not a great felling at nite lol.
This method does not use the headlight circuit to power the fogs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts