Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put fog lights on my car which they didn't include when they made them. So I was seeing if anyone has done it how much it is. I saw a whole kit on vmp tuning for $180 which I thought was expensive. I was looking for a cheaper route. I eventually want hids in them too. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
V6in said:
I want to put fog lights on my car which they didn't include when they made them. So I was seeing if anyone has done it how much it is. I saw a whole kit on vmp tuning for $180 which I thought was expensive. I was looking for a cheaper route. I eventually want hids in them too. Any help would be great.
You can prolly get them cheaper off eBay and they will work fine. Splice them in with your headlights and I'm assuming they will work fine and turn on with whatever you spliced the wires into.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just bought the fogs from american muscle and they came with regular bulbs. Bought the connection to the bulb at an auto place n just wired em to my headlights

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moostaang11 said:
I just bought the fogs from american muscle and they came with regular bulbs. Bought the connection to the bulb at an auto place n just wired em to my headlights
What kind of wire did you buy from the auto store? Exact details would be great

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
What kind of wire did you buy from the auto store? Exact details would be great
just some 12 gauge wire will work...get a small spool or black and red. get some female crimp ends as well that are small enough to slide over the bulbs terminals (same thing has having a harness)

take the red wire and run enough length to go from the constant power wire for the ambers (turn signals) to the fog lights. you can find this wire by pulling the headlight switch and using a test light to see which of the three wires is getting power. splice in the red wire..now when you pull the headlight switch your fogs will get power

now run the black wire from the fog lights up to the headlight ground bolts. there is one in front of both headlight housings and easy to find.

this is a good way to wire up fogs for just a couple bucks if you have spare wire laying around. or a $10ish job if you're buying the wire and crimp ends

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Im buying a OEM foglight switch for my 04 and a pair of smoked fogs from AM. What else would I need ? Or is that all ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
iv been thinking the same iv been trying to study the wiring diagram so i can have the fogs on wen i turn on my ambers and i wana use hids not regular ****ty ones i was gana look at the connection for the hid and see if oriellys or vato zone has it and wire it up the kit from ford is like almost 200 i found one on ebay for like 80 but i dnt wana use a seperate switch i want it to be oem

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya, I just bought smoked fogs and a OEM switch on amazon for $90. Hopefully I can find a way to get it all together and right. And definetly gotta have hids

·
Registered
155 Posts
So basically you buy a pigtail right? It has 2 wires one gets spliced into the brown wire and the other gets grounded?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for posting the video! I think I am going to mount my lights as soon as they get here. Like your stang by the way.

One question though, your light holes look kind of rough.. Do the lights not fit flush in the holes? Did you try sanding/filing them for a cleaner look?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did that today... But the left fog light seemed to not fit quite as well as the other. It was a little high.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I did that today... But the left fog light seemed to not fit quite as well as the other. It was a little high.
Did what today? Cleaned them up? Hopefully mine will fit well :cool:

edit: also, looks like no spoiler on your car? If thats true did your stang come like that or did you remove it? If you removed it did you just use the plug trick?

I really want the remove my spoiler but not sure how it would look and if the plugs would look that bad. Dont have the cash to get the whole trunk lid panted.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I cleaned up the fog light area better today. And the mine came with the spoiler I took it off to see how it would look and I liked it so I went to the store bought four plugs and put them in. Cost $1 and since my cars white I didn't have to buy touch up paint. The plugs don't look too bad either besides if I want the spoiler back it takes 2 minutes.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ok thanks! I might have to give that a try as well. Already got some touch up paint. Kind of going for a simple/sleeper look and not really feeling the spoiler either.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
been a few weeks since i was wingless...maybe i'll pop mine back off for a month or so. i switch back and forth when i get bored

1 - 20 of 53 Posts