Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Smoked with white, not orange reflectors from procarparts.com. I like them, but they fog up every morning and its way worse when it rains. They never unfog either unless i take them out and let them dry for a day or so.

I've oiled the gaskets around the bulbs to make sure they seal and I've also used silicone glue around the entire headlight lense and this still happens.

Its driving me nuts and procarparts says they won't take them back or refund me because they are not a warrantied part. I guess the headlights are made by some generic manufacturer in Taiwan.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
First question I have is does you headlights have a vapor tube coming out the back. this is there to allow the vapor to evaporate out when you turn on the lights and heat the lenses up. if it does. take the headlight off the car. Take them inside and where the bulb went in the back blow hot air in it using a hair dryer. once the moisture is gone seal the vapor tube with silicon.

If it does not have a vapor tube on the back dry it like I said a check your sealing again.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
01mineralgrey6 said:
I've heard that some rice in the headlight housing will absorb some moisture.
LMAO :D :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Danger Dude said:
First question I have is does you headlights have a vapor tube coming out the back. this is there to allow the vapor to evaporate out when you turn on the lights and heat the lenses up. if it does. take the headlight off the car. Take them inside and where the bulb went in the back blow hot air in it using a hair dryer. once the moisture is gone seal the vapor tube with silicon.

If it does not have a vapor tube on the back dry it like I said a check your sealing again.
I have the vapor tubes. I've already sealed them once with silicone and it didn't help. I was hoping by opening the tubes it would allow the water to evaporate out.

I'm honestly stumped and angry. It makes the whole car look like ****.

·
Registered
19 Posts
tahts the only way to get rid of it is to have a tube in the lights make sure it curve so nohti you fly in there easily but then itll be fine

·
Registered
38 Posts
i did my headlights yesterday. just remove the bulb from the headlight unit and take a hair dryer and put it on high till the water evaporates (or the dryer burns out) when your done immediately put the bulb back in a seal it up good. make sure to seal up the evaporation tube before you try drying out the headlight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts