Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was cleaning out my interior yesterday I noticed that the carpeting in the footwells is curling in. Not only does this not look so good, but it catches my feet when I'm working the pedals.
I made a quick attempt to fix it with double sided foam tape, but it didn't stick to the backing on the carpet at all.
Has anyone else had this problem, and has anyone fixed it?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a good look at it, and there are velcro patches on the carpet and on the footwell that are supposed to hold it in place. For the most part the velcro is still doing its job, but the patches attached to the carpet aren't attached to the edges, so from where the velcro is to the edge of the carpet is curling in.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
so why dont you go to Wal-Mart and buy some new velcro their 99 cents for a package of 4

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
The only problem I have in my floorboard is the damn floormat always slides under my pedals.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bluemustang said:
so why dont you go to Wal-Mart and buy some new velcro their 99 cents for a package of 4
I tried that with some double-sided foam tape, but I couldn't get it to stick to the backing on the carpet. If you know of anything that would work, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
It does.. but I don't have any floor mats with the holes...

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
you can buy velcro like peies that have tape on each side that hold really good, that way you can remove teh carpet if need be.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
dont buy carpet floor mats they just get nasty with stains... I went to ford and got a set of the mustang rubber floor mats they offer, they have mustang wrote on the side and a horse in the middle, they take anything you throw at them and just spray clean and last FOREVER they are super tick also, for 40 bucks worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
I paid a good 5 dollars for my 4 mat kit from wally world, so you can all screw off and I'm gonna go outside, cut a hole in the mats, and run them over the damn thing sticking up in the floor. So there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
SpectorV said:
you can buy velcro like peies that have tape on each side that hold really good, that way you can remove teh carpet if need be.
If you know of some that will definitely stick to the backing on the carpet, definitely let me know. I'm having serious trouble getting anything to stick.

My floormats aren't the issue here, but they ARE the issue here

Again, if anyone knows a good way to keep my carpet stuck down, please let me know.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
Dom said:
For the extra ten you get this new fabic stuff called carpet. :rolleyes:
it wont get out all the stains... and why go though all that trouble when they still will look bad almost all of the time, my floor mats were 45 bucks... so i saved 5, they look better, and last longer, and take like 2 min to clean to brand new condition, and they are water proof, which came in handy the other day in the down poor

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have rubber Mustang mats too. Best investment ever. Cant imagine if I went wit carpet there be stains up the ying yang cause of the snow and regular rainstorms

But I do have carpet set too but thats only for car shows :headbang:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts