Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just to see if I can offload it for financial savings every month since I no longer need 4x4, and in prep to pick up a project Lightning next year, so, let's see what happens.

For Sale:
1996 Ford Explorer XL
Dark Green Exterior, Light Grey interior
2 Doors
4 wheel drive
5 Speed Manual
~21,000 Miles (yes, only 21k, bought with just 6600 last year)

This is a no-frills type of truck. It has AM/FM radio. Vinyl Seats. Tilt, power steering, power brakes. Manual windows, manual locks. New tires (installed 11/15/2004). This is a great daily driver for someone that doesn't want to beat on their stang (my purpose for buying it when I lived in NY). The paint has a couple of issues, mainly dulling from sitting prior to my purchase last december. The front bumper is slightly twisted due to someone backing into it in a parking lot.

That basically describes the truck. I don't have pics at the moment, but, if someone shows interest, or knows someone that might be interested, I can get some and put them up. I owe about $5000 on my loan for it, so I am asking $5000 obo. (I know private party value is about $4200, but i might as well ask for what I owe and go from there).

Anyhow, if anyone might be interested in a bare bones truck for beating around in, or as a project like I planned on making it, let me know and I will get some pics.

I will even deliver within reasonable distance to Baton Rouge (Namely Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas).

-Rob

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: For Sale: 1996 Ford Explorer 4x4

Huh, I guess the replies to this thread were archived or something. lol

Anyhow, here is a bump with updates for anyone who may be newly interested/in the market.

Updates to the above:

About to click 26,000 miles.
Asking price is currently $2500.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Yeah really, it you were selling it in Los Angeles, people would jump on that. Lotta people here would love to buy an SUV and pay shitty Los Angeles gas prices *shrug*

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seph said:
Yeah really, it you were selling it in Los Angeles, people would jump on that. Lotta people here would love to buy an SUV and pay shitty Los Angeles gas prices *shrug*
It gets better gas mileage than my car tho... ;)

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
meteorachick said:
if u lived closer i might have bought it, i'm lookin for a suv
If you would have come over while down here you could have bought it then ;)

The way things are going, I will probably still have the damn thing in the summer. I guess no one wants a 5 speed explorer....I must be one of the few that got excited when I found out it was a 5 speed and not an auto.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Ill give you brents car for it (but he wont know about it... so you cant ask any questions)

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That would work out perfect....its a deal... :good:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Code word "The dove sings at midnight" starting plan Alpha Alpha Theta 9 - 123087801616870189734.1

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
dang, im gonna need a winter beater for next year too, no way am i drivin the bird again, wish you was closer :(

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
He's got it...

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I'd debate getting it, if I get the Saleen.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts