Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got a remote start added on when I bought my Mustang, then I wanted to add an aftermarket security system and the installer said the remote start had to go since it would interfere with it. (me remote starting it would set off the new alarm) So I had it professoinaly removed and its ready to be installed on a new Mustang! It comes with 2 key FOB's, and can remote start from a few hundred feet away, then your mustang will be nice and warmed up for you when you are ready to leave.
Don't want it for your Mustang? It works with all of these vehicles as well.
***MUST BE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION***
ESCAPE HYBRID 2010 2011 2012
ESCAPE 2010 2011 2012
FLEX 2010 2011 2012
FOCUS 2010 2011
FUSION 2011 2012
MUSTANG 2011 2012 2013
TAURUS 2010 2011 2012

I am asking $200, but will entertain other offers as well.
Let me know if you are interested!

(I will have a pic up soon)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
mrkrabz said:
So I got a remote start added on when I bought my Mustang, then I wanted to add an aftermarket security system and the installer said the remote start had to go since it would interfere with it. (me remote starting it would set off the new alarm) So I had it professoinaly removed and its ready to be installed on a new Mustang! It comes with 2 key FOB's, and can remote start from a few hundred feet away, then your mustang will be nice and warmed up for you when you are ready to leave.
Don't want it for your Mustang? It works with all of these vehicles as well.
***MUST BE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION***
ESCAPE HYBRID 2010 2011 2012
ESCAPE 2010 2011 2012
FLEX 2010 2011 2012
FOCUS 2010 2011
FUSION 2011 2012
MUSTANG 2011 2012 2013
TAURUS 2010 2011 2012

I am asking $200, but will entertain other offers as well.
Let me know if you are interested!

(I will have a pic up soon)
I wonder if this could be made to work with my 05..

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is a button, and it has a light on it, but I am not sure what its for. I never really paid attention to it when I started it, I just hit the button, and the car would turn on. I hope that answers your question.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
any idea how hard it is to install?
I don't, but your local ford mechanic or a local shop could do it in like 20 minutes. Maybe like a $15 charge, not expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire
after you turn on the car, do you have to put in the key to put it into drive?
Yes, it turns on the car but the car has a safety mechanism that if the key isn't in the ignition the steering wheel will lock
No, that's not how this one works. You start it up, then get it, and you have to put the key in before hitting the gas. If you try to put it in drive or hit the break the engine will shut off.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I don't, but your local ford mechanic or a local shop could do it in like 20 minutes. Maybe like a $15 charge, not expensive.

No, that's not how this one works. You start it up, then get it, and you have to put the key in before hitting the gas. If you try to put it in drive or hit the break the engine will shut off.
Lol same thing it won't work either way without the key :p haha hey man next Friday if everything goes well financially ill buy it from you for the 150 shipped

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wanna be able to pick up my chick and be like BAMM! Remote start like a badass lol :p
Lol, that's one of the reasons I got it originally, it looks pretty cool and is a wow factor. But I park on a major University campus and I figured an alarm system would be more useful, so the remote start had to go :(

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Lol, that's one of the reasons I got it originally, it looks pretty cool and is a wow factor. But I park on a major University campus and I figured an alarm system would be more useful, so the remote start had to go :(
I asked ford and they said this remote start would work with their alarm system?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts