Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at your digital gauges, what temp do you normally run? I have the track pack, so supposed to have extra cooling but my numbers tend to get a little high. I have watched them when it was 100 outside and also today when it was 60. Decently heavy driving, highway and streets, so have a range in mind.

If others out there are measuring this, I didn't mean to limit it to the 13s, tho they supposedly have a coating from the boss that is supposed to ALSO make this figure lower.

Guess I am trying to test the accuracy of Ford marketing a little

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking at your digital gauges, what temp do you normally run? I have the track pack, so supposed to have extra cooling but my numbers tend to get a little high. I have watched them when it was 100 outside and also today when it was 60. Decently heavy driving, highway and streets, so have a range in mind.

If others out there are measuring this, I didn't mean to limit it to the 13s, tho they supposedly have a coating from the boss that is supposed to ALSO make this figure lower.

Guess I am trying to test the accuracy of Ford marketing a little
Just based on the app from the center display between the gauges I have seen as high as 214 and as low as 206 at full operating temp. I have not been regularly checking it though...only when I am curious.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Filth and Fury said:
Im usually at 208-210
199-211 on my 2011 (using OBDII reader since the 2011 didn't have the fancy digital gauges).

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
200-210 with track pack, if i drive it slow i will see it peak at 198. I live in Miami so it is usually hot.
At the track after 5 continuous runs i got as high as 213 but nothing more.

·
Registered
453 Posts
No track pack. 205-210. I drive a lot of city so ill get to 220 some times sitting at long lights.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I use the RP Purple ice additive too. I'm usually at 195-205. Before it was 205-210.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
If there is, I haven't seen one yet.

·
Registered
505 Posts
McQueen said:
Is there a down side to the royal purple ice? It looks pretty good in the reviews
I use it for my supercharger coolant with distiller water. I have water wetter in engine coolant.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I drove hard (weekend at TRACK), holding 90+ for considerable time, alog with accelerating up to then back off, then up so on. Never broke 212, but stayed above 200. Same temps as normal street driving. Not calling fraud on the extra cooling, but maybe my expectations were too high.

Thanks for the responses here

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hit 219-220 just going through a parking lot this morning in 2nd gear (3K RPM's or so). As soon as I got going I went back down to 205 though.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I drove hard (weekend at TRACK), holding 90+ for considerable time, alog with accelerating up to then back off, then up so on. Never broke 212, but stayed above 200. Same temps as normal street driving. Not calling fraud on the extra cooling, but maybe my expectations were too high.

Thanks for the responses here
What were the ambient temps? I don't think Ford threw those parts on for fun.

For this question, I'd also head over to S197Forums & ModdedMustangs. Many of the guys there are very serious & can likely give you very specific information from their own experience.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
claudermilk said:
What were the ambient temps? I don't think Ford threw those parts on for fun.

For this question, I'd also head over to S197Forums & ModdedMustangs. Many of the guys there are very serious & can likely give you very specific information from their own experience.
60- 80 this weekend. Over the summer we had 3 digits and I think I saw 221

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My theory is the extra cooling parts are not to make the car run colder during normal driving, but help the car maintain those normal temps for extended high rpm driving, like a track day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts