How'd you get it??

I'm Just Curious!

You buy it, parents, deal with parents?

Any other way?

Thanks for Sharing guys!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine was 3000, Dad paid some, I paid some, Mom paid some. As for now my mom pays for insurance since due to school I can't have a job besides during the summer.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Ive wanted one ever since i was 5 when my dad had to work on my aunts 95... Ever since ive wanted one and last august the sunday before i went back to school my dad showed up in the drive way with my 98 V6 and i couldnt believe what it was.... Hebought it for 2600.... Half mine half his... So now i owe him1350....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
My dad bought mine for 1500 as a rolling body when I was 14 and we slowly built it with 95 percent hi money and I did what I could but I have done a lot of work to it

·
Registered
259 Posts
I got my 06 gt at 16 and paid 18000 for it. 10000 was my money, 8000 was parents. I searched for a long time for a good deal when I finally found the right color and year for 15,500 with 26000 miles

Attachments

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
I'm not really in high school any more, recently graduated, but my dad bought my mustang for a gas saver for him to go back and forth to work, when he brought her home I fell in love and told him he can't sell it. So he gave her to me about 3-4 years before I could drive lol

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
I was all set on getting a mustang and my dad had his dealers look for trade in and boom.. one day there was a black 2011 and I had only been looking at 05-09s but he wanted this cause it'd be "safer" and it had some power cause we both knew I wouldn't slow down for something, I'd go around it but well it's a past story now seeing it was sold :'(

·
Registered
421 Posts
My dad bought mine for $2800. I put $1500 in body work cause of damage and $1500 in mods. And I pay insurance, but I got it at my dads work it came in when I was there and I had to hav it when I saw it. It was passionate love at first site.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was more or less in school when I bought my 88 GT... Stay in school, kids. Going back as an adult... well...

Anyway...

I traded my actual first car, a Chevrolet Cavalier, for it with about a grand in cash. I got the better deal, by far. It should also be noted that the Cavalier I paid for myself with a little help from the parental unit - 25% of the cost was covered.

So, yeah I had Fox bodied Mustang in highschool but don't confuse yourself; as bada$$ as it was, as monstered as it had been, this was no showroom fresh 5.0 when I bought it.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I was also delivering pizzas in it and using it to get to work and back from another job.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I bought it my self. Paid for the insurance my self. Didn't want it but was told to by my dad. I'm trying my hardest to trade it for something else.

·
Registered
341 Posts
im not in highschool but recently graduated, in college now..my dad and i always loved stangs when my old jeep died we looked around found my GT for about $7,500 i paid about $1,000 he put in about $2,000 we combined that for down payment he pays the finance monthly i pay the insurance and gas and mods haha and my end of the bargain is just stay out of trouble and get good grades in school

·
Registered
131 Posts
Went half and half with my dad. 9k for the car and he agreed to front me the 4500 and when I sell it give him back his $$. Definitely happy with it and couldn't ask for a better dad!

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Parents bought me a 1968 coupe with a 289 on my sixteenth. It was $4800 and in decent shape. Stopped running a week later. It has been a project car for my dad and I. My dad asked "are you sure you want a car that will always need work?" Heck yea!

·
Registered
922 Posts
These are some pretty awesome stories!

I'm currently a freshman in college, but I got a 98 GT when I turned 16.(By some miracle. Lol) Grandparents paid 3500 for it. I got in a small wreck in it, insurance company totaled it, we got it back, grandparents got their 3500 back out of the deal, me and my pops fixed it back with a reconstructed title. I ended up selling it for 5300. Crazy right?? Anyways. I put that with some money I had saved up and my good friend happened to be selling his 01 Cobra because he needed the cash and lets just say I was in the right place at the right time. It's been mine since last summer. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts