Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can anyone provide advice on whether or not the Ford Upgrade Package, M-FR1-MGT-1 http://fordracingparts123.com/index...ucts_id=1230&gclid=CMr6yIHr47MCFUeRPAodmSoAGw is any good for my 2008 GT? I want to add a CAI and exhaust and do not know enough about the Ford package vs the others.

For CAI's I'm considering JLT, Airrad or K&N and for exhaust the Flowmaster Pro Series Hushpower exhaust or Borla "S" Type axlebacks. Anything I'm missing here? Not looking for crazy loud but I want a deeper, throatier growl.

This is a weekend car for me and not a daily driver but I do want to maximize the cars true potential.

Appreciate any recommendations on both CAI and Exhaust.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pavstang said:
Can anyone provide advice on whether or not the Ford Upgrade Package, M-FR1-MGT-1 is any good for my 2008 GT? I want to add a CAI and exhaust and do not know enough about the Ford package vs the others.

For CAI's I'm considering JLT, Airrad or K&N and for exhaust the Flowmaster Pro Series Hushpower exhaust or Borla "S" Type axlebacks. Anything I'm missing here? Not looking for crazy loud but I want a deeper, throatier growl.

This is a weekend car for me and not a daily driver but I do want to maximize the cars true potential.

Appreciate any recommendations on both CAI and Exhaust.

I have this kit with one exception. I have an SCT tuner and tunes for life from American Muscle. The Tune and Tuner with this kit leave a lot to be improved upon. I am certain yon can but each of the parts in this kit and get the best performance and price from American Muscle, The FR500 mufflers will big a big improvement on sound as well.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
That is a huge waste of money IMO. The ford tune will be weak and you can get all those other parts from AM for cheaper. If you are looking for an exhaust try craigslist for a slightly used set to save some dollars. Buy the tuner and CAI package from AM and you will get free tunes for life later down the line even if you dont purchase the parts from them. Also,are you looking to go full exhaust?

·
Registered
916 Posts
DDTCM said:
That is a huge waste of money IMO. The ford tune will be weak and you can get all those other parts from AM for cheaper. If you are looking for an exhaust try craigslist for a slightly used set to save some dollars. Buy the tuner and CAI package from AM and you will get free tunes for life later down the line even if you dont purchase the parts from them. Also,are you looking to go full exhaust?
+1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll probably just go with axlebacks.. maybe Flowmaster Hushpower or Borla "S" type.
Any recommendations?

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

What CAI and tuner do you recommend?

·
5,980 Posts
I'll probably just go with axlebacks.. maybe Flowmaster Hushpower or Borla "S" type.
Any recommendations?

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

What CAI and tuner do you recommend?

I really can't recommend an axle back for your year but I will tell you that I had Mac Boomtubes on my 05 and 07 and liked them alot.

As far as a tuner and CAI goes I would go with the SCT and CAI combo from AM. The JLT or C&L are both great.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the Flowmaster Hushpowers on my 09 GT and they sound awesome I did not want Laud I wanted a tastefull performance exhaust sound something laud enough to turn heads when you stomp on the gas but with a nice deep rumble when Im just driving around for a weekend cruise that just sounds SWEET!!!!!!!!!! Flowmaster hit the Ball out of the park with this axleback as far as Im concerend

·
Registered
451 Posts
stemar said:
I have the Flowmaster Hushpowers on my 09 GT and they sound awesome I did not want Laud I wanted a tastefull performance exhaust sound something laud enough to turn heads when you stomp on the gas but with a nice deep rumble when Im just driving around for a weekend cruise that just sounds SWEET!!!!!!!!!! Flowmaster hit the Ball out of the park with this axleback as far as Im concerend
In my opinion Flowmasters sound awful and really make sound and not power, I would get Corsa or borla

·
Registered
451 Posts
DDTCM said:
No axle back is gonna make power. They are all for sound,period. But yes flows are bottom of the barrel IMO.
Very true, but CAI don't make power as well, it's all on the tune.

·
Registered
211 Posts
In my opinion Flowmasters sound awful and really make sound and not power, I would get Corsa or borla
No axle back is gonna make power. They are all for sound,period. But yes flows are bottom of the barrel IMO.
I never said anything about Hushpowers making any power I just stated how much I liked the sound of my axle back but thats my opinion witch is crap according to you 2 and if Flowmasters are bottom of the barrel then I am perfectly happy with the JUNK axle back I installed on my car.

·
Registered
451 Posts
stemar said:
I never said anything about Hushpowers making any power I just stated how much I liked the sound of my axle back but thats my opinion witch is crap according to you 2 and if Flowmasters are bottom of the barrel then I am perfectly happy with the JUNK axle back I installed on my car.
He said he want to maximize the cars power and you won't with Flowmasters, and I'm glade you like them, I just think they sound bad and the tips look ugly.

·
5,980 Posts
I know what you said. I was just stating the fact for the OP not with intentions to get you fired up. Also no one said your opinion was crap......we were just giving our own opinions which is what this board is for. Flow master are bottom of the barrel "IMO" which is exactly what it is......MY opinion. As long as you like them then it shouldn't matter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts