Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty I am about to put the car away until the weather here in NE Ohio turns a little better. I bought the Ford car cover with the car. How many of you leave it in the driveway covered or put it in the garage with a cover. Will this cover hold up outside? Thanks Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use mine in the garage with the cover on it, helps keep my Shelby looking sweet, it does help keep things off of the vehicle while it is parked. I have never used it outside so I am unsure how well it would hold up from the rain or snow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the Ford cover with my 2009 and I wouldnt leave the car outside with it on. Did it a couple of times on trips to the Mustang Roundup in Ocala, Fl. and the water gets under the cover anyway.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Ford cover with my 2009 and I wouldnt leave the car outside with it on. Did it a couple of times on trips to the Mustang Roundup in Ocala, Fl. and the water gets under the cover anyway.
Thanks that is what I don't want to happen

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Different car covers have different purposes. Some are meant just to keep dust off in a garage, others are designed for really bad weather or anywhere in between. I'm guessing yours is like the Boss': a garage cover. Ford does sell Covercraft covers for the elements, but theyre overpriced so look elsewhere if interested. I believe mine was a little over $300 and Ford wanted $450+. If it's going to sit for awhile and/or you get high winds, get the "gust guards" to prevent flapping in the wind (a little, their covers are heavy), which will affect the paint. Don't ever use a light/cheap cover outdoors for this reason.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Different car covers have different purposes. Some are meant just to keep dust off in a garage, others are designed for really bad weather or anywhere in between. I'm guessing yours is like the Boss': a garage cover. Ford does sell Covercraft covers for the elements, but theyre overpriced so look elsewhere if interested. I believe mine was a little over $300 and Ford wanted $450+. If it's going to sit for awhile and/or you get high winds, get the "gust guards" to prevent flapping in the wind (a little, their covers are heavy), which will affect the paint. Don't ever use a light/cheap cover outdoors for this reason.
I was think it might be stored outside this winter but my wife gave up the garage so I could store it in there. I have the factory cover on it now in the garage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.