Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Shop around before making such an important decision, these are way over rated in the opinion of some of us.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Actually almost everyone who is in the chip business is going to SCT program including fordchip. Diablo and autologics will have a increasingly more difficult time staying in business. So anyone getting into the SCT will offer the same level of benefits that Fordchip offers. My Dyno guy a Extreme Velocity is getting the SCT programming system he just has to rebuild his shop after the business next door to his burned down along with his business and his Mustang Dyno.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
So what is this SCT program, I keep hearing that everyone is using the same progrogram, what is it?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Chris Johnson (JMS) and Jerry (Fordchip) where hired by Superchip with all there vast tuning knowledge and creat a database and programming to be combined with a complete system to be sold to dealers for the most extensive tuning capabilities period, effectively slamming the door on all competition.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Superchips Custom Tuning, that is what SCT stands for, I did a little internet digging while I was waiting for your answer Corey, lol.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
From comments on 3.8 by some Fordchip junkies you would think that fordchip had bought out Superchip, but its quite the contrary, huh....

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Went to Marietta GA last month to finally get my car Dyno tuned by Jerry. It was a great event but it was also Superchip Custom tuning event. While there I met several people who were there to see the SCT programming and to become dealers. And Pete had it set up so the tune was free, I just had to pay Team Ford a fee on the dyno but it was not much. So there is a partnership there between Fordchip or SCT. All I can say is my car is running really good since the Jerry Tune.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I would say main point is what you said in the previous post as in what I read on the net, Superchip HIRED Jerry and the other guy, meaning he works for them now, he and most of the other chip tuners now are superchip dealers, leaving a lot of diablo dealers sort of out of the loop.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I now work for SCT and with Jerry doing tuning. Let me straighten a few things out.

Fordchip is pete's business, Jerry has always made chips for him but its not his business.

SCT is completely seperate from SC, different hardware, programming, people, etc.

Jerry, David, and Chris own and created SCT, SC owns a small part of SCT.

Fordchip still exists as its own entity.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Well thanks Justin for bring some light to this subject. All I got was bits and pieces from my talking to Jerry, Devin and some big tall brown haired guy running the SCT event at Team Ford

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
A chip can help a stock car, but if you plan to mod it, its best to do the other mods first, then chip it, or you might wind up paying for a load of reburns.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
all im going to contribute to this thread is that i have a fordchip and am very happy with it with the exception of how long it took to get to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts