Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have the maintenance package? I had a squeeling sound coming from my rear end turned out to be the brake pads worn down to the metal. I drove it to the dealer and they said something about the brakes being covered til 20000 km? My car is at 32000 right but I was reading online ad it says it covers everything a doesn't say the mileage it covers it up to. Anyone else have this problem or could tell me more about it?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Bladezx said:
Does anyone else have the maintenance package? I had a squeeling sound coming from my rear end turned out to be the brake pads worn down to the metal. I drove it to the dealer and they said something about the brakes being covered til 20000 km? My car is at 32000 right but I was reading online ad it says it covers everything a doesn't say the mileage it covers it up to. Anyone else have this problem or could tell me more about it?
I have it because my dad made me take it , he cosigned and paid gave me a small amount of money on the car.

My understanding was it goes as long as you paid for warranty on your car. My car is covered for 5 years or whatever the mileage was, and the plan covered that same time/mileage.

Brake pads are something they do cover. I was mainly down with it because they covered the clutch.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just called the dealer that I bought it from in anther town and they said it covers everything including the pads. The dealer that's in my city is the biggest one and is also known to be the worst for dealing business of any kind.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

GrabberBlue5.0 said:
I have it and my understanding is that it covers every brake part except the pads
Doesn't make sense that the rotors are covered and the pads are not. Normally when your done to nothing on the pad the rotor normally needs replacing too or to be machined at least.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Bladezx said:
I just called the dealer that I bought it from in anther town and they said it covers everything including the pads. The dealer that's in my city is the biggest one and is also known to be the worst for dealing business of any kind.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Doesn't make sense that the rotors are covered and the pads are not. Normally when your done to nothing on the pad the rotor normally needs replacing too or to be machined at least.
I don't disagree with you but when I bought mine that's what I was told

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I'm just letting everyone know here just in case someone gets the run around from another dealer

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
I got the largest run around with my ESP the dealer even told me that I needed to bring my signed paper work.

I think the dealers are taking credit for the warranty work and billing the customer.. Or they need to retrain their service managers and advisors

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I had to go through it for like an hour pointing out the sign they had for it saying brake pads rotors and clutch disc. I think they do that in hopes of you they are right and they can get extra money. I told them I didn't pay 3 or 4 grand for plan that just covers oil changes.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Bladezx said:
Ya I had to go through it for like an hour pointing out the sign they had for it saying brake pads rotors and clutch disc. I think they do that in hopes of you they are right and they can get extra money. I told them I didn't pay 3 or 4 grand for plan that just covers oil changes.
+1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts