Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of picking up a 90LX that a CO-Work is junking. Does anyone know some who's made this engine swap? I will have to rebuild the whole car insideout becasue it's in pretty bad shape. good Idea:good:, or bad idea:bad:?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
U better have deep pockets its gonna rape ur wallet.
U need a new k member and a lot of other parts just to make the engine sit in there

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
U better have deep pockets its gonna rape ur wallet.
U need a new k member and a lot of other parts just to make the engine sit in there
I'm not too worried about the cost, it's a long term project to teach my 10 year old about cars so time and money invested has no vaule than that of preparing a boy to be a young man. I was reading that it's could be expensive.

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

I'd look for a '11+ GT that has been totaled. It'll have just about everything you'll need to do the swap.
I will keep that in mind. It's a great way to get a lot in one swoop.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Unless you stumble on a wrecked GT and get the motor for a grand, you're looking at a lot of dough.
Ford Racing Mustang Boss 302R Crate Engine (79-13) M-6007-M50BR at LRS - Free Shipping!

Ford Racing Mustang Tremec Magnum T56 (79-04) M-7003-M6266 at LRS - Free Shipping!

Kooks Mustang Boss 302 Long Tubes & Catalytic H-pipe 5.0L 4V (12-13) at LRS - Free Shipping!

Ford Racing Mustang GT Boss 302 Exhaust (11-13) M-5220-MB at LRS - Free Shipping!

I was really just going to buy a crate engine and build it the way I want. I am thinking a 6/7 year project. I think I'd top out at around 25/30K so the inital coust would be 18K to get the motor/trans in and mounted. I am however curious if it's a better cheaper way to get where I am going becasue I have no rush behind the project.

·
Registered
367 Posts
10 year old son.. 6-7 years and he shall be 16-17 and wanting to drive.. I see what daddy is doing :p lol learn and build your own car son so you have pride in it? :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
10 year old son.. 6-7 years and he shall be 16-17 and wanting to drive.. I see what daddy is doing :p lol learn and build your own car son so you have pride in it? :)
That's what I hope, and my daughter is 9 and she's interested too, but I am not sure how long that will last lol. My dad did the same thing with me and his Ford Bronco; so I'm trying to keep the tradition going.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts