Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stumbled across a forum talking about the 18/19 GT's and it seems that Ford has decided to save a few bucks and use the same analog gauge cluster in the EcoBoost and GT, which normally I wouldn't care, but it seems that the redline on those clusters are a 7k and not the 74k on the U.S models?
Has anyone heard of this?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S8+

·
Super Moderator
17,882 Posts
Its because metric redline is different than the proper "murican" redline right?

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I knew that would eventually work it's way in there lol.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

I still would like the 74k Rpm cluster though.

·
Super Moderator
17,882 Posts
Well I mean it still goes past 7k... My 4v redline is 7500 and the redline on my 2v tach is way below that... I just ignore it.

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Although it seems exceedingly odd that Ford would use an older dash, representing a lower redline than the engine is capable of.....I’ll still bet that the Canadian engines rev to the same redline as the US engines do...
Ford probably ordered too many of the old dashes, and instead of throwing them out, decided to use them in the Great White North until they are gone. I’ll bet there will be a mid-year change/“update” to the new dash, so maybe wait a bit to order yours if you want the newer dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts