Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im so confused if i get this combokit is just plug and play or is there something else i need to buy?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Its best to have a pro install the gears but the tuner is pretty easy to do. But you can customize your tune to work with the gear setup you go with.

·
Registered
23 Posts
arturo55 said:
im so confused if i get this combokit is just plug and play or is there something else i need to buy?
You asking about the gears? The tuner is just plug it in and follow the instructions.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no im going go o a shop and get it done but what im asking is when i orderit from am the combokit everything is all need? there nothing else i need to buy?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
no im going go o a shop and get it done but what im asking is when i orderit from am the combokit everything is all need? there nothing else i need to buy?
arturo55,

If you have perfectly mechanically sound differential, then yes the combo it is all you need. The only reason to purchase more items is if your posi traction needs to be refreshed or the axles/bearings need to be replaced.

Being your differential is a 11+, most likely it doesn't need a rebuild. So, you should be good to go!

Shane

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
arturo55,

If you have perfectly mechanically sound differential, then yes the combo it is all you need. The only reason to purchase more items is if your posi traction needs to be refreshed or the axles/bearings need to be replaced.

Being your differential is a 11+, most likely it doesn't need a rebuild. So, you should be good to go!

Shane
thank you so much i cant wait to get 3.73 gears and tune for my 2013 v6 im about to hit 500mile i really excited to get rid of these 2.73 gear and get the 3.73 but hey have an other question maybe later not now i would like to get the Limited Slip Differential would it be find to get it later?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
thank you so much i cant wait to get 3.73 gears and tune for my 2013 v6 im about to hit 500mile i really excited to get rid of these 2.73 gear and get the 3.73 but hey have an other question maybe later not now i would like to get the Limited Slip Differential would it be find to get it later?
arturo55,

I know you'll be impressed with the new gears. It's really going to wake up your Mustang!

Also, all 2011+ v6 Mustangs came an 8.8 rear end, instead of the previous 7.5 and were also equipped with a Limited Slip Differential from the factory. So, you're already set there!

Shane

·
Registered
997 Posts
arturo55,

I know you'll be impressed with the new gears. It's really going to wake up your Mustang!

Also, all 2011+ v6 Mustangs came an 8.8 rear end, instead of the previous 7.5 and were also equipped with a Limited Slip Differential from the factory. So, you're already set there!

Shane
Shane.

Do we only need the gears or is there anything else needed? I have a 2012 with 25k miles on her

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Shane.

Do we only need the gears or is there anything else needed? I have a 2012 with 25k miles on her
Ntbruncie,

You really should replace the differential bearings every time you're in there. They can easily get warn out from abuse or even beat up while doing the installation. However, it is possible to just replace the gears and pinion bearing, but it's not recommended and definitely not worth the hassle, IMO.

Shane

1 - 9 of 9 Posts