Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 5.0 Lx I want to slowly build up my motor for street use this is my first mustang I would build would i need to change anything else besides the torque converter to put the E303 cam in? Thanks I'd appreciate the help

·
Registered
270 Posts
If you are changing the cam, I would change the heads and intake also. But then to make the most of that you should just buy an off the shelf top end kit or you can just assemble one yourself like I did.

I'm assuming you have an aod transmission. My old aod didn't like my e cam, mostly because of the stock torque converter. I swapped in the t5 and it runs

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

*runs way better.

·
Titus Wadicus
2,114 Posts
I have a 1988 5.0 Lx I want to slowly build up my motor for street use this is my first mustang I would build would i need to change anything else besides the torque converter to put the E303 cam in? Thanks I'd appreciate the help
i would advise changing your valve springs as a definate. if you have a 3.55 or or higher gear... changing to high stall converter is kinda optional. also, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator needs to go on the definate need list like the valve springs.

the springs and regulator should make the car drivable til u get around to the rest of your mods...

o btw, just noticed u said u have an 88. if u dont swap over to mass air. it will run like dog crap if u put the cam n. been there done that.

just my opinion... hope the info helps..

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
MAF conversion first, then as svtlx said. :good:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts