Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I was told that the non adjustable shocks was horrible for the street. But that the adjustable one where super comfortable and GREAT handling

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The roush handling pack seem like a better deal at just 1390.
Before i bought my car i tested a 2012 roush stage 2 and it had that suspension. The ride was like stock but handle muchhhhh better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the ford racing suspension. It looks better with the 1" drop and it handles a lot better. Yes it's a lil rough on bad roads but it performs great.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
RedBandit11 said:
I have the ford racing suspension. It looks better with the 1" drop and it handles a lot better. Yes it's a lil rough on bad roads but it performs great.
What set up beside the springs do u have?? I am also going with the 1 in drop, it looks great

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Post a pic

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ccorlet said:
I have the adjustable racing pak... http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12198
Rides like a race car, corners like a race car. I think it helps handle the power added by the Edelbrock supercharger. I am satisfied with the M-FR3-MGTA. Had the Ford dealer install it so I know it was done right.
Anybody need the original suspension? Only 3k miles on it!
Thanks. How often do you find you use the adjustments?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I have the adjustable racing pak... 2005-2013 MUSTANG GT COUPE HANDLING PACK (1 INCH DROP) | Part Details for M-FR3-MGTA | Ford Racing Performance Parts
Rides like a race car, corners like a race car. I think it helps handle the power added by the Edelbrock supercharger. I am satisfied with the M-FR3-MGTA. Had the Ford dealer install it so I know it was done right.
Anybody need the original suspension? Only 3k miles on it!
Is it fairly soft on the street? i plan on getting the adjustables to go with my k springs i already have on and some cc plates.. the factory struts are pretty rough with just the k springs.. i live in arkansas so there are some shotty roads and low water bridges, potholes, etc...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I haven't made any adjustments other than setting them to Street. I have been to the drag strip and to a road course. Handling was right on. It is rougher than stock suspension, but I kinda enjoy that. If you have 'road hazards' you will be looking to avoid them, but it's not reason enough to stay with the stock suspension.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just looked at your link, that is what I was looking at before. No mention of adjustable, so I assumed it wouldn't have it. That's a pretty big selling point to overlook. FRPP marketing dept dropped the ball on that one

·
Registered
903 Posts
Is it fairly soft on the street? i plan on getting the adjustables to go with my k springs i already have on and some cc plates.. the factory struts are pretty rough with just the k springs.. i live in arkansas so there are some shotty roads and low water bridges, potholes, etc...
I was planning the Koni STR.T all along. Now I am just gonna save for adjustables.Too much conflicting stuff about buying non-adjustables.If I am gonna spend that much I sure as hell want to be happy.
If somebody is looking to lower with "K" springs and do adjustables at same time or later....There is a Vendor who sells the Springs with GT 500 mounts for 209.00. Good buy,instaed of buying seperate.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
SolidRRaxle said:
Avengd, adjustable or not? Decent cost difference so trying to determine if I need it
No. Not that I'm aware of. Just checked no they are not. I didn't think they were.

I'm not sure I would be adjusting them much anyway. My Pony is not a DD and other than cruising and the occasional trip to the 1/4 mile I don't see a reason for it. But everyone has their desires.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is a list price difference of about $400. You are getting a different, better shock and I think the adjustability option is worth it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you guys also get a panhard bar? Noticed it is not included. Dropping the car without a panhard seems ill-advised.

Sorry for all the questions, but this will be my biggest mod. I can already see the drivers side tire is just a hair further out of the wheel well before anything is done

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yes very advised.....especially if you drop 1'' or more.There are lots out there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts