Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody runnin one? My stock intake just cracked and lookin into buying that one, cause I don't have the money for a aluminum intake :/

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ford racing intake manifold will also crack eventually just as mine did and luckily I found a polished professional products manifold on craigslist and scooped it for $300

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nothing wrong with an updated PI intake manifold. They do not normally "Crack" unless your vehicle has the older non-updated plastic coolant crossover. Adding an aluminum intake, adds 25lbs to the nose of the car, and will not net you much gains, unless the rest of your setup is built to rev much higher in the RPM band.

·
Registered
216 Posts
mtrsprt said:
Nothing wrong with an updated PI intake manifold. They do not normally "Crack" unless your vehicle has the older non-updated plastic coolant crossover. Adding an aluminum intake, adds 25lbs to the nose of the car, and will not net you much gains, unless the rest of your setup is built to rev much higher in the RPM band.
Yeah, planning on bigger futuremods but my first manifold cracked in the plastic crossover then I went with ford racing manifold with the aluminum crossover and it cracked in an area where in leaked into a cylinder. Now I'm all aluminum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts