Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to getting the ford racing lowing B springs but im interested in looking at some of you guys pics of the actual drop and how do you like the ride of them...im probably going to order them tomorrow morning or so...also the reason im looking at those is because i cant go too low due the apt complex i stay in has a nasty dip on the entrance and exit...literally just about every car bottoms out leaving and coming in trying to beat traffic(except me)...cant do her like that...she's my first stang

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
American muscle might have pics if they sell those springs. I think they're only 1" drop. You could just take out your isolators, prob drop close to 1/2" for free, if you took out top+bottom.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I have the "C" springs about the same drop. It drops about 1inch but remember if you have some higher miles on your car you won't see as much drop over factory because your springs are a little worn out. After I installed mine it went down about 3/4 of an inch. Are you also changing shocks and struts? It would be a good time to do so.

image-2283588484.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Here is a good pic also of the drop. You will defiantly see a drop just don't expect a dramatic drop but a good drop. I saw your pics and your car sets pretty high.

image-1539636193.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks on those pics, she's nice...I am on a budget right now but yea they are getting changed as well. What would be considered higher miles for you, i have about 110,000 last i checked i believe...think i would see any difference or just go eibach or steeda?

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Here is a good pic also of the drop. You will defiantly see a drop just don't expect a dramatic drop but a good drop. I saw your pics and your car sets pretty high.

That pretty much how i want it...that second pic probably just sold me

View attachment 91485

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Just letting you know this B springs are progressive rate springs and slighlty stiffer than stock springs.
C springs have the same progressive rate rear springs as the Bs. The front springs are a linear rate spring 600lb/in and are much more stiff than the Bs.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also have ford "c" springs and I also got kyb shocks and struts
That is a clean looking mustang there, thanks for the photos guy. Im going to order them monday and hopefully have them on thursday with some pics...Thanks alot...im still pretty new to this here but im enjoying the friendly people online

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Just letting you know this B springs are progressive rate springs and slighlty stiffer than stock springs.
C springs have the same progressive rate rear springs as the Bs. The front springs are a linear rate spring 600lb/in and are much more stiff than the Bs.
Yea thats why im leaning more toward B springs since its my DD and i dont want it to be too stiff on the roads here since they do get pretty rough in some places

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If your on a budget just cut a coil off your stock springs. 1slosix has write up. Since your doing struts/shocks it be fine.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
That is a clean looking mustang there, thanks for the photos guy. Im going to order them monday and hopefully have them on thursday with some pics...Thanks alot...im still pretty new to this here but im enjoying the friendly people online
Thanks man! Welcome to the site. You can learn alot here

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Ahhh Cody..... That car is looking so sexy. I was hoping you would chime in on this.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Wow! I hope they price match that. Thanks a lot.
No prob it's always nice to get it cheaper.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ahhh Cody..... That car is looking so sexy. I was hoping you would chime in on this.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

No prob it's always nice to get it cheaper.
That it is.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Ill post b4 n after pics this week.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I heard that really messes up your ride quality though??
If u cut alot off it will or heat them. Lots of people that cut them don't change shocks. So the factory shocks will suck because they're not designed for the lowered drop. If cut right and not cutting 2 coils, they'd be fine.
You can search if u want. You said you was on budget so I figured I'd bring that to your attention. The more options, the better. Goodluck

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If u cut alot off it will or heat them. Lots of people that cut them don't change shocks. So the factory shocks will suck because they're not designed for the lowered drop. If cut right and not cutting 2 coils, they'd be fine.
You can search if u want. You said you was on budget so I figured I'd bring that to your attention. The more options, the better. Goodluck
Sounds good but I'm just going to purchase the ford racing springs. I preshate it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts