Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Thet need a 4 door V8 offering (besides a truck)....I would'nt do it to a mustang though....maybe the Taurus, make it RWD and drop a coyote in it.......one of the reasons I'm looking at a Charger SRT. No other domestic has a 4 door V8, RWD car besides Dodge.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The last sentence of the article that states the dual turbo V8 “might” appear in the regular 2 door GT.....THAT is interesting and mouth watering......sure would bring the torque down to where it would be more FUN, stop light to stop light!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
You have these kids that are not car guys and have no clue of what the Mustang represents are taking over the positions at Ford and actually think the four door Mustang is a good idea.
It will totally ruin the brand.
Porsche did "NOT" put four doors on the 911 but added a whole new body and name.
They were smart enough to "NOT" ruin the Porsche brand.
Ronnie

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

·
Registered
180 Posts
FORD- I like the mustang but if a 4-door version comes out I'll never buy another one. I don't want to see the housewife next door taking her brood of kids to school in a Mustang.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
My 14 TrakPak has been gone for a couple of years and since I'm older than dirt I've really enjoyed my 4dr baby Corvette. Granted it only has 464hp and a V6 twin turbo...it's about as fun to drive as the TrakPak and a lot more roomy along with better ride. I for one, might even trade the ATS-V for the 4dr Mustang if it had more HP and Mag-Ride. You young guys kill me, wait another 30 years and we'll see what you say....IMHO

·
Registered
180 Posts
My 14 TrakPak has been gone for a couple of years and since I'm older than dirt I've really enjoyed my 4dr baby Corvette. Granted it only has 464hp and a V6 twin turbo...it's about as fun to drive as the TrakPak and a lot more roomy along with better ride. I for one, might even trade the ATS-V for the 4dr Mustang if it had more HP and Mag-Ride. You young guys kill me, wait another 30 years and we'll see what you say....IMHO
I'm 68 and still stand by what I say, no 4-door mustang for me. I like to think that I have something sporty and a 4-door mustang would destroy any image the Mustang has of being a sports car. This is all because Ford is killing off all their passenger cars except the Mustang and now they have to turn it into something that it isn't to fill the void that they are creating.

·
Super Moderator
17,887 Posts
cant see this happening. they'll stick with their plan of no sedans and just a few hatches and then the flex/exploder/expo plus the truck line. I mean... I think its more of an american cultural thing than anything, sedans are kinda looked down upon. I just rented a VW Passat when I was in Germany for a month and that thing was great. Not powerful at all because it was a base rental but it was comfortable, got great mileage, huge trunk for storage etc... I dunno. In spain we have a ton of little hatchbacks. In Germany there are still a ****ton of sedans all over the place. Mainly because their sedans are BMW/Mercedes/Audi etc... and are fast as **** and look mean.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Hey old rider
I'm 75 and my Mustang makes me feel I'm 25 again
There are Ford SUV wagons for people that need four doors.
Ronnie

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Hey old rider
Ronnie

·
Registered
28 Posts
Understand the thinking of Ford on this, but it is not very well thought out. They have been down this road before and it did not work out well. Any remember the 4 door T-Bird?

If it is a wholly separate model using Mustang parts (engine/suspension) then it could work (Torino/Fairlane?), but not if they just wedge 2 extra doors in.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Understand the thinking of Ford on this, but it is not very well thought out. They have been down this road before and it did not work out well. Any remember the 4 door T-Bird?

If it is a wholly separate model using Mustang parts (engine/suspension) then it could work (Torino/Fairlane?), but not if they just wedge 2 extra doors in.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The four door Mustang is on the same (confused) level of thinking as calling their new electric suv “thing” the Mach I........beyond stupid. Those in charge at Ford appear not to have the faintest clue as to the car culture their predessors were responsible for creating.
Hey, I know......let’s start calling the F-150 something else...no more King Ranch, no more Lariat, no more XLT...how about we rename them:
The truck that’s really nice.
The truck that’s kinda’ nice.
The truck that will just get you by.

Makes as much sense as a four door Mustang!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
The idea of a 4-door Mustang is almost a stupid as Dunkin Donuts changing their name to Dunkin. 50 years of building a brand identity and then hire some wiz-bang executive who has this great idea to change everything for no good reason other than change. Ford should fire whoever thought of a 4-door Mustang as should Dunkin Donuts fire whoever thought of changing their name to Dunkin. If Ford wants to change something with the Mustang I suggest they scrap the MT-82 transmission in the GT and put in the Tremec which they put in the GT350; I might actually buy a manual again if they do.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Hey old rider
Ronnie

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Hey old rider
Ronnie
Hey Ronnie,
Glad to see you're still standing with your feet above ground. I'm right there with you buddy, I've gone from 1/4 midgets to go carts, drag racing, SCCA racing and hot rodding and along with health issues I'm wanting to spend less time working on cars and more time with my beautiful wife. Right now nothing is more important than that. We won't be spending time in a car but more time flying to our destination, renting a car, and flying home. All of my cars are now gone and the ATS-V is for sale, I'm at that point that I occasionally like to go out and carve canyons with the Mini although that's about it.
Ford like Chevy is in a race for building cars for the future and as they see it brands really mean very little to them right now, it's new all about new technology and electric vehicles. Chevy is asking for 18,000 salaried employees to take an early buy out or possibly be one of the 18,000 employees laid off in 2019...all for bringing new tech whiz kids in from Intel, Microsoft and other cutting edge companies. It's all about making money and nothing else and if you think different you're living in the past. So...I'm giving Ford a 50/50 chance of building a 4dr Mustang...IMHO

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Hi Old Rider,
I still really love my 2012 MCA and don't plan on ever giving it up, I still go to the car cruise-ins and shows but since I can't track anymore I bought a range membership and do a lot of shooting.
Life is still good but I just can not even imagine a four door mustang or Corvette.
I sure really miss the good old days.
Ronnie

·
Lorraine's driver
8,188 Posts
The only car show I went to this year was an all-Ford show. There was a Ford social media or social marketing rep (or whatever his title was) and he showed us a video and talked about "the next generation" of Mustang owners. The gist of the presentation was that the next generation is much different than the older generation, for instance bags and camber lol. What was funny is that he was not into that type of Mustang either, but his point was that Ford has to change to accommodate whatever the next generation will be or the Mustang will die away. TBH, it was a really good way to let some of us traditionalist or the guys who want it to be "stock" or "like Ford intended" etc, we should understand that the new Mustangs are built for the next generation. He was encouraging us to be more accepting of what people are doing to their Mustangs these days and to embrace the core connection between us all; owning and modding a Mustang. It helped me out hearing this from someone at Ford and helped me understand their direction with the Mustang. I have a feeling at some point, we might just see a 4 door Mustang, an electric Mustang, or even a Mustang related name - like Mach 1 - used on something else Ford makes. Could be the name or the running pony, who knows for sure, but I think they are going to do whatever they think the target market wants. I guess we'll see how Ford handles this "next generation".

1 - 20 of 48 Posts