Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already paid for my fordchip and 80mm maf....$415....been 5 days and no update...nothing. Thats a lot of money for no contact info.

Now I can go to Powertrain Dynamics and get a custom burned Autologic chip for about $300...plus dyno time at about $125/hr....so if i dyno tune for 1 hr....i get a custom burned chip AND DYNO TUNE.

Should i wait for the MAIL ORDER chip from fordchip....or cancel and go locally? I am just pondering all this....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
Ford chip is on the road alot. They are always behind with getting back to people.
As far as telling you what to do that is really your call. Alot of people has said that their ford chip was worth the wait. All though that custom burned chip is $115 less than forchips. Actually on second thought, it may be nice to have a local business do your chip, and dyno tune ect. So if need be you can get them to reburn it (rather than shipping the chip through the mail and waiting for ford chip) if a problem occurs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smokedya95stang said:
Ford chip is on the road alot. They are always behind with getting back to people.
As far as telling you what to do that is really your call. Alot of people has said that their ford chip was worth the wait. All though that custom burned chip is $115 less than forchips. Actually on second thought, it may be nice to have a local business do your chip, and dyno tune ect. So if need be you can get them to reburn it (rather than shipping the chip through the mail and waiting for ford chip) if a problem occurs.
yeah ppl say its worth the wait........but local chip with TUNE vs guess at car mods w/ fordchip? then reburns would be way easier and faster too.........hell i will try for sponsorship with them!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,350 Posts
Eval,

Aren't you blown? If so, I would think you would benefit more from a Dynotune than most. In fact, I've been led to believe that a Dynotune is necessary with a supercharger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
99vert said:
Eval,

Aren't you blown? If so, I would think you would benefit more from a Dynotune than most. In fact, I've been led to believe that a Dynotune is necessary with a supercharger
Yup... his car blows :D ;).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
99vert said:
Eval,

Aren't you blown? If so, I would think you would benefit more from a Dynotune than most. In fact, I've been led to believe that a Dynotune is necessary with a supercharger
"REAL MEN............GET BLOWN"


well the fordchip is TUNED...its not just burned.....mail order TUNE, they are just that damn good!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,350 Posts
Ahh, I assumed you meant 'burned'..

Well then, if it is a tune, vs the same price for a local tune.. that is an interesting question, and I don't quite know yet.

Whenever you have a decision you are conflicted about, some argue that it is simply because you can't justify doing what you know you should vs what you want to do.

basically what you want is not what you know you should, and for me, I would want the Fordchip, which suggests that I think you should get the local tune.

make sense eh? There are very quick, well tuned fords out there who have no clue who fordchip is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
99vert said:
Ahh, I assumed you meant 'burned'..

Well then, if it is a tune, vs the same price for a local tune.. that is an interesting question, and I don't quite know yet.

Whenever you have a decision you are conflicted about, some argue that it is simply because you can't justify doing what you know you should vs what you want to do.

basically what you want is not what you know you should, and for me, I would want the Fordchip, which suggests that I think you should get the local tune.

make sense eh? There are very quick, well tuned fords out there who have no clue who fordchip is.
whats with these theories damn it...i need answers!!! LOL

yeah the chip will be burnt according to TUNES they have done on cars with the exact same specs as mine...so its like getting it tuned with them
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top