Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
without forged internals, keeping it safe, with a good turbo setup and the upgrades needed to push 11-12 psi (intercooled) you should see 330rwhp~ not sure on tq but around there~ maybe more.

forged bottom end so you can up the boost, maybe lower compression around 8.5:1 youl would of course see more, not sure where the block would give out, but I would probably keep it under 400rwhp for daily driving, the block might take much more though not sure.

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill settle for 300 hp and tq. So your saying i eouldnt need a forged bottom end? At a safe psi

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Doing my research at the same time

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
a friend of mine ran a single turbo setup (11-12psi) and ended up with 300-330rwhp on his 01 V6 3.8L with the stock motor. I think it eventually let go, but he had it for a long time. The KEY is the tune of course and having enough fuel etc.

If all you want is 300hp/tq might be far cheaper to sell your car and put that money (which will add up to be a good bit) towards something with 300hp stock to start with~ just one way to go.

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
300 hp is what i want in this car

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

I thought about selling it but i want two. V6 with v8. My two cars.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
No need for twins really.. But 11psi is a general DD number it's not much of a heart ache on one lol (generally 350-375rwhp is what people recommend for a long life, over that its getting touchy)

With H/C/I you can get up to 230's alone easy, throw boost on top of that 7-8psi tuned right would get 325-350

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Blackedout said:
Bigger fuel pump and injectors right? And is there any holes drilled in the motor at all?
Yes 10-11 psi get some cobra injectors (39/42's) and an Svt focus pump will be enough to play with

And you drill a hole in oil pan for turbo oil return line

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
They make a mist kit that's methanol and water from snow performance that will keep your engine cooler so you can run a bigger boost and it not affect the engine

• Provides better fuel economy (1-3 MPG), more power (50-100 HP), and lower EGTs (150°-300° F)

^ off snow performance site ..

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I need pictures of the v6 motor with heads and intakes removed

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Need to see how the cam goes in

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Meth injection isn't really necessary unless you're doing an M112 and you can't intercool it, otherwise a normal intercooled turbo/SC runs pretty cool

1 - 20 of 20 Posts