Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to eventually put on a KB, but I know I'll need a stronger bottom end. So for those of you who have done this, what's a good way to go as far as forged internals? I know I'll need to bore over a little, but not a lot of the specifics. Not looking to run a whole lot of boost, maybe 9psi or so

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
taylor98gt said:
You really don't need them for anything under 10psi usually.
Really? Well that would save a lot of money lol, I just wanna make sure everything is strong enough to hold up good

·
Registered
648 Posts
Matticus said:
Really? Well that would save a lot of money lol, I just wanna make sure everything is strong enough to hold up good
If you blow it with boost then worry about building IMO. Just as long your not shooting 15 psi to it then it should.hold a while.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Matticus said:
If you blow it with boost then worry about building IMO. Just as long your not shooting 15 psi to it then it should.hold a while.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if you are going to push enough PSI to need forged bottom end consider an 03/04 cobra vs droping that kind of cash on a new motor and blower setup~ or at least an 03/04 cobra if you want below 600rwhp. If you want more than 600-650rwhp then build what ever you go with really good so you could do the 2v and boost the crap out of it, just not sure what the power levels are and how much a motor built to hold that would cost.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What size KB would could I run with a stock bottom end without having to worry about anything?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anything else I need not in the kit? Injectors, fuel rails, etc? Or does it pretty much provide everything?

·
Registered
655 Posts
if you are going to push enough PSI to need forged bottom end consider an 03/04 cobra vs droping that kind of cash on a new motor and blower setup~ or at least an 03/04 cobra if you want below 600rwhp. If you want more than 600-650rwhp then build what ever you go with really good so you could do the 2v and boost the crap out of it, just not sure what the power levels are and how much a motor built to hold that would cost.
"that kind of cash" The last in shape low mileage 03/04 cobra I saw was 20K.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm looking to eventually put on a KB, but I know I'll need a stronger bottom end. So for those of you who have done this, what's a good way to go as far as forged internals? I know I'll need to bore over a little, but not a lot of the specifics. Not looking to run a whole lot of boost, maybe 9psi or so
You can get a procharger kit with 10psi w/Air to Air 3 core intercooler and be fine. Get a cam set and a tune and your golden. If you do your own work you can save big.

If your looking for a rebuild kit that is a good price with everything including forged pistons then check out.

Sealed Power CSMHP796-000

A set of good forged rods and there you go a good kit for a great price. Do the work yourself and save. but a stock bottom will do you good with 10psi as long as you pay your mind to the tune. That is your heel.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
32vNomad said:
You can get a procharger kit with 10psi w/Air to Air 3 core intercooler and be fine. Get a cam set and a tune and your golden. If you do your own work you can save big.

If your looking for a rebuild kit that is a good price with everything including forged pistons then check out.

Sealed Power CSMHP796-000

A set of good forged rods and there you go a good kit for a great price. Do the work yourself and save. but a stock bottom will do you good with 10psi as long as you pay your mind to the tune. That is your heel.
Thanks, that's good info. Would I get as much low end gain from a procharger as the KB? I know with most centrifugals you kind of have to spool it up a bit to get to your boost, whereas the twin screw runs a little more evenly.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Matticus said:
Thanks, that's good info. Would I get as much low end gain from a procharger as the KB? I know with most centrifugals you kind of have to spool it up a bit to get to your boost, whereas the twin screw runs a little more evenly.
Grab a D series procharger. Twin screws curve also flattens out. Its just my prefference. Overall control and installation is a plus with the procharger.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I read mine was supposely good up to 11 psi,,but if i had the money i prob would have forge components,,But the kit i want is 7000 dollars,from ford racing..but it comes with everything pretty much,,I dont know a whole lot about super chargers but im learning alot from here and the internet,,But also all engines are not alike,,some can handle alot some cant

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a P1SC Procharger setup with 3 core cooler and it builds boost as soon as you step on the gas. It doesn't spool like a turbo. I am running 9lbs of boost with stock bottom and it put down 417hp and 427tq.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
99stalker said:
I have a P1SC Procharger setup with 3 core cooler and it builds boost as soon as you step on the gas. It doesn't spool like a turbo. I am running 9lbs of boost with stock bottom and it put down 417hp and 427tq.
What's all your mods.

·
Registered
53 Posts
75mm throttle body, 80mm pro mass air flow meter, c&l plenum, 42lb injectors, BBK long tubes, BBK offroad x, Borla exhaust, 3.73 gears, and Andersen power pipe. That's just for performance stuff but the list keeps going for the rest. I also had the car custom tuned.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts