Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been research which forged rotating assembly would be my best bet as far as making my 4.6 into a 5.0 Stroker. I've narrowed down to about 4 choices and I'm pretty stuck as to what is my best bet. I am looking to withstand 1000hp even though I may never make that much. The ones I've narrowed down to are:

Competition Plus Rotating Assembly, Ford 4.6L, Eagle Crank,Eagle Rods, 9.2:1 JE 3V Pistons - Ford 4.6L - Competition Plus Kits - CNC-Motorsports Rotating Assemby Kits - Rotating Assemblies | CNC Motorsports | Car Parts | Truck Parts | Competition Eng
(I don't think this one is a stroker assembly actually)

4.6L 3-Valve 302E Stroker Rotating Assembly Engine Rebuild Kit

Brenspeed Stage 2 B302 Rotating Assembly

Rotating assemblies
(401000SRA is the part number I was considering)

I've also noticed some more powerful kits on MMR, but I'm not sure if I wanna spend the money to create that big of a safety barrier. That and with my fathers health not getting any better I wanna be able to afford finishing this monster for him to have a last ride. He said he wants to go out the way he came in... in a vehicle barreling down the back roads on a shine run, but maybe minus the shine would be acceptable haha! Thanks in advance for any direction you guys give me.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I would go with brenspeeds b302 kit or JDMs 302e kit. Those are both great choices. Also, I would stay away from MMR. Have a few buddies that ran there engines and Heard a lot of horror stories with guys blowing there motors from them and having a lot of problems. Also if you go on s197 forum you can see that MMR isn't liked very much.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there anyone who has knowledge on either the Brenspeed or JDM... known issues people have had or anything? I'm having difficulty finding much info on either kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts