Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put HID lights on there 4 eyes mustang. I've been wanting to go that way but I have sealed headlights and can't seem to find after market head lights that would take HID lights...?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i know a couple guys that have forced the bulbs out and fitted either a 9005 or 9006 HID bulb in there...its been a while so sorry i'm not more helpful

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never really dealed with seal head lights...so would I just cut the old light bulb out that is in it or something.... All I know is the lighting for my car is dim and really want to brighten things up...

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
if i recall the back of sealed beams just have a plastic rim covering where the bulb would normally twist and pull out. you'd need to look for yourself..i'd guess it's pretty self explanitory once you check. i see camaros running HIDs all the time in their sealed beams btw...so the same bulb number my work

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I think u gotta buy a housing made for replaceable bulbs then put the hids in there pm me if u get it done

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
there's a big difference between those two housings..ones a projector and the others just a standard housing with an HID bulb. I'm always iffy on projectors unless they are retrofits because you'll pretty much use a higher end projector. if the feedback is good though and you can maybe research the quality of the brand i'd consider them

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
unless that's the crappiest thin walled projector ever built that second one isn't. If that's really the thickness of them then i'd stay away from both housings and look elsewhere

1 - 14 of 14 Posts