Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at Front brakes kit

Ford Racing brembo 6 piston vs. brembo 6 piston

Is the difference just the powder coat red caliper covers ?

Thoughts opinions ?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts

Thoughts opinions ?
I had the FR 4 piston ones on my 3.7 and it was the same exact thing that the 11-14 GT Brembo cars had. Only difference is the paint on the calipers themselves. :eek:

·
Registered
737 Posts
No to hijack the thread, but are brands like Brembo, Baer, Roush, etc Big brake kits about the same on quality, just paying for a different name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
No to hijack the thread, but are brands like Brembo, Baer, Roush, etc Big brake kits about the same on quality, just paying for a different name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would assume so. If you took 1 of each with each having a 4 piston setup and blank discs, I would assume they would be the same as far as performance. Assuming all else is equal (brake kines, fluid, etc).

There might be different and very slight build qualities (doubt it), but I would assume they all give the same stopping capabilities.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Check the caliper construction. The expensive Brembo and others are one piece units.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i can't tell you about the differences between them, but i can tell you the difference between the base GT and the Brembo GT is night and day! i've recorded 1.04Gs of stopping force in my Brembo GT... Paying for a name or not, i want the car to stop like it does forever!

·
Banned
275 Posts

Thoughts opinions ?

it's just the powdercoat and the fr ones might come with braided steel lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

1 - 9 of 9 Posts