Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so does anyone know how to stop everything in my car from vibrating? I have two 10's in the back before this never happened before I got my touch screen head unit put it could it be that? My stereo used to sound such much better now everything just shakes and crap it's so annoying I want to her it bump not shake haha

·
Registered
326 Posts
It's the vinyl, it'll take some time but nothing some foam tape and patience can't fix. Tracking down the worst vibrations and squeaks is the fist step then put some tape between the surfaces. The vinyl is cheap and mostly light and recyclable but I'm worried will eventually make the car feel cheaper then it is. Take out the entire interior and tape all contact patches, not a bad time to dynomat! I think this is probably the best bet.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
dynomat. start in the trunk where the tens are. take out the plastic and all of the interior and dynomat the entire area. That should help greatly. Pony boy is right. Gut the interior and dynomat.

·
Registered
803 Posts
If you tune your system properly you should be able to get that rumble out and the punch back. Just a matter of knowing what your doing. Also, if you didnt have the noise before the touch screen then the center console is probably rattling pull that off first and put foam patches under it like pony said. That may do the trick so you dont have to gut the entire car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It took me months to track down the rattles of my jeep!

I have two 12" diamond D6's in the back, 1200watt.

I even took out the lift gate handle and cut some
Rubber and glues it behind it and reinserted the handle.

All it takes is time and patience to track down each rattle.

Now there is not a single rattle, and I have tuned just right!

It rattles the car next to me if I wish, and I can make the hair on my arms stand up.

All it takes is persistence and the desire to have the best sound possible!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts