Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I had the 5R55S automatic transmission in my 2006 GT rebuilt.Got the car back,ran and shifted normal.3 days after I got it back I was driving home and it wouldnt shift into 5th.It disengaged 4th and RPMs increased but no power to the wheels.Hit OD button and downshifted back to 4th.Turned OD back on.This time it wouldnt disengage 4th and stuck in 4th.Pulled over,had it towed home.Checked fluid level and it was good.Any ideas guys?Having it towed back to shop that did the rebuild but Im curious what Im in for with this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Recently I had the 5R55S automatic transmission in my 2006 GT rebuilt.Got the car back,ran and shifted normal.3 days after I got it back I was driving home and it wouldnt shift into 5th.It disengaged 4th and RPMs increased but no power to the wheels.Hit OD button and downshifted back to 4th.Turned OD back on.This time it wouldnt disengage 4th and stuck in 4th.Pulled over,had it towed home.Checked fluid level and it was good.Any ideas guys?Having it towed back to shop that did the rebuild but Im curious what Im in for with this.
In for some serious questions posed of the repair shop......

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Sounds like the shop ****ed up. Hopefully they make it right.

·
Registered
15 Posts

If they didn't replace the torque converter the first time it was likely contaminated. I replaced mine with a PA Automatic rebuilt Super Streeter and this also happened. Luckily they fixed it for just the cost of shipping but on their advice I replaced the torque converter before I reinstalled it. That was 3 or 4 years ago and it's been great since (knock on wood.) Mine was an 06 GT that went at 38000 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts