Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me one of my pistons is not pressing right and is killing my breaks on one side idk should I take i replace it or what? Help plz

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
bleed the caliper and see if that helps...if not just replace the caliper..pretty cheap

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Um quick question how do I bleed it lol sorry I'm a high school student and I have a mechanics class but my class is a mix of 3rd year students like myself and 1st year so he hasn't taught us much just some off to the side projects like dismantling an engine and replacing it lol

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Go to an autoparts place and buy a one man bleeder for $6 and a small bottle of dot 3 for another few dollars...its a straight forward job...check out youtube if you need to see it done first. I love that one man bleeder...does a great job when i use mine

·
Registered
85 Posts
If it's 97 or newer you have ABS unless you have removed and about the e brake now that your brakes are blead you have good pressure in your lines and your e brake may be ajusted to tight. Make when your bleeding them to always start furthest from the master cylinder and work closer

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I feel retarded now-_- cuz the reason why the light break was on was cuz it was low on break fluid I barely realized when I added some earlier today u.u dang fail lol

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
well it's good you figured all this out before you started replacing parts not needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts