Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't win. I will never buy black again.

so i recently started parking in the garage but we have this bench there and we have the ol tennis ball setup but it's for my pathfinder, not the Mustang.. so it's not aligned. so the past few days I've been gently bumping the bench as I parked, cursing every time.

so i checked today and saw a scratch on the front, right where the wood is. I don't think it's from a car dinging me in the lot at work because it's not that big, and if it were a car, it would be a much bigger ding.

it's def from the wooden leg of the bench. It's kinda deep. I quickly tried some detail spray and it didn't really buff out. what do you think would fix it? would clay bar help?

any ideas?

again, never buying black again. lol

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Between your recent hard water spots and bumping into things in your garage, I think you should consider investing in a DA Buffer. Big help for minor blemishes, etc.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
No offense and I'm not being a smarta$$ here, but I don't think the color of your baby is the issue. You need to keep it out of the hard water sprinklers and clear out your garage so you can safely park your Stang.

You didn't buy a Camaro... you got yourself an American Classic, so take good care of it. :cool:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol i can't clear out my garage, it's not my house. the issue isn't clearing it out, it's that I was an idiot the 3 times I parked it in the garage because there's absolutely no way to tell how close the front end is in this car to anything. I'm gonna tie up a second tennis ball to line up so I don't come anywhere near it this weekend, and tomorrow I'm gonna put some of those pipe insulators on the legs to prevent this.

besides my stupidity yeah, the color of the car IS the issue. I had a black truck before this that sucked just as much. my first truck was red, absolutely no issues. never saw water spots, never saw dents, nothing. black just sucks haha. it looks great, but it's a pain to keep looking great. I'm thinking on white next time.. or if in 5 years when this is paid off, a competition orange 2019 5.0 ? haha

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Usually if you can feel it with your finger nail it won't come out.
If you think black is bad don't get candy apple metallic, if you look at it wrong it will scratch.
I have a DA and it will remove minor clear coat scratches but that's about it.
Btw REMOVE THE BENCH lol.
Sent from LG G3.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh and I'll get a pic tomorrow when I back her out. I'm carpooling tomorrow so the baby can chill in the garage all nice and sound. haha

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Yes, you have to be extra careful with black... BUT IMO there is nothing better looking than a clean polished Mustang, so you have that going for you.

If the scratch is towards the middle of the bumper, maybe it's a sign you need to stripe it! :thumb:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Like diehard said there is nothing like a great buffet. One of the greatest non mods I've ever purchased. Lol. I have black as well and nothing could replace how good my buffer has been to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
232 Posts
Lol buffer not buffet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Well there's nothing wrong with a great buffet as well. :lol:

·
Registered
157 Posts
The paint on these cars is so fragile. Luckily my ocd has actually deminished a little after buying this car and accepted what a joke of a layer of paint that is on it. I have a Porta Cable and some meguires ultimate compound and polish. I just use the white pad that comes with the PC and its a life saver.. just touch up, polish and admire from a distance. One day i will put a more durable paint job on it but it still looks too good to justify it at the moment.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
lol i can't clear out my garage, it's not my house. the issue isn't clearing it out, it's that I was an idiot the 3 times I parked it in the garage because there's absolutely no way to tell how close the front end is in this car to anything. I'm gonna tie up a second tennis ball to line up so I don't come anywhere near it this weekend, and tomorrow I'm gonna put some of those pipe insulators on the legs to prevent this.

besides my stupidity yeah, the color of the car IS the issue. I had a black truck before this that sucked just as much. my first truck was red, absolutely no issues. never saw water spots, never saw dents, nothing. black just sucks haha. it looks great, but it's a pain to keep looking great. I'm thinking on white next time.. or if in 5 years when this is paid off, a competition orange 2019 5.0 ? haha

Why don't you measure it and tie the tennis ball up so it hits your windshield when you are close?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Take some rubbing compound to it. Should come right out.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
The paint on these cars is so fragile.
+1. It's like they drove the car through a mist of paint and let dry. LOL. I guess one advantage of people hitting me and getting stuff repaired is the body shop probably deposits a thicker layer of paint than the factory.

·
Registered
157 Posts
They definately have some sort of nano spray technology going on there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts
The 13-14s got the thin layers of paint, I had to get the dealership repaint a corner of the bumper because it was pealing. ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439480633.750434.jpg one of the reasons I got sterling gray I because you can't really see scratches and when you can't tell when the car it's really dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why don't you measure it and tie the tennis ball up so it hits your windshield when you are close?
thats what I'm doing this weekend. I'll keep two balls.. one further out for the pathfinder, and one closer in for the stang. we put the pipe insulators on the legs today so that's good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts