Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all is need parts wise and how much would a basic conversion run? I see CJ has a handful from 750$ to the thousands but I'm just looking to make the swap now with the basic parts needed.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Mustang Steve has a braket that let's u put 2010 front brakes on your car my dad has em look it up

·
Registered
161 Posts
for an inexpensive disc brake conversion with easily obtainable parts, check out scarebird at Scarebird Classic Brakes LLC they have brackets that are inexpensive, and bolt on.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You can go to the parts store and buy everything you need for front disc brakes for a 1977 Granada and they bolt right on! That's what's on my 67 coupe. Buy the rotors and there gonna be integrated hubs so you might want to get new bearings at this point and buy your caliper mounts and calipers and lines and pads all for a 77 Granada cost you maybe $150

·
Registered
161 Posts
Have you or Someone you know used their parts?
in fact yes, we have a few guys at fordsix.com that have used the scarebird setup for putting disc brakes on six cylinder cars. and there have been a few guys at stangnet that have used them for V8 cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 66 coupe. Does scarebird sell the kit for all 4 disc brakes or just the front 2 brakes? I want to change my 4 lug drum brakes to 5 lug disc brakes.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a 66 coupe. Does scarebird sell the kit for all 4 disc brakes or just the front 2 brakes? I want to change my 4 lug drum brakes to 5 lug disc brakes.
as far as i know they sell brackets to put disc brakes on all four wheels. you will need to swap to an 8" rear end though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts