Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yea it's NOT the sway bar links lol. O well. Any ideas? Thinking its the strut mounts. Probably gonna do the mounts and the struts. How's that sound? Thanks fellas

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was recently experiencing a front end clunk also and I replaced my end links, no luck. Thought it were the strut mounts but nope. So I decided to take my sway bar off and drive it and clunk was gone. I replaced my front sway bar mount bushings. Easy, cheap fix. Mines an 07 gt with 75k

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S197stanGT said:
I was recently experiencing a front end clunk also and I replaced my end links, no luck. Thought it were the strut mounts but nope. So I decided to take my sway bar off and drive it and clunk was gone. I replaced my front sway bar mount bushings. Easy, cheap fix. Mines an 07 gt with 75k
Hmmmmmm it seems like its coming just out of the right. Ill take the sway bar off and see what happens. I was gonna do that originally but got impatient which cost me $70 lol. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
S197stanGT said:
I've been watching this thread, my jacked up truck has been making the same noise. Your answer makes the most sense to me, I never had the issue til I put 37" tires on it.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

It makes a really loud poping noise, but drives perfect.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My only problem with that theory for my car is that I can definitely isolate the noise the the front right. Pretty sure it's a strut or the mount. Ill find out this week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you're doing your own work I would first check the end links or strut mount bushings. It's easy and quick. Just take your sway bar off. Then of its not that proceed with the strut mounts I guess.. How many miles does it have?

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
S197stanGT said:
If you're doing your own work I would first check the end links or strut mount bushings. It's easy and quick. Just take your sway bar off. Then of its not that proceed with the strut mounts I guess.. How many miles does it have?
81k. Already did the end links. On to the strut mounts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the bolts where the k member mounts to the frame. All mine were loose and the car only has 15,000 miles. Fixed my problem. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts