Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the h&r super sport lowering springs for my 13 gt now it's making a very loud popping noise coming from the front end when I turn anyone know what this is how to fix it thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had the same problem and took it to dealership, there's a TSB on the front control arms. They should fix for free but it solved my issue.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Did you replace the strut mounts?

·
Registered
535 Posts
What is a tsb

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Nope just the springs
Technical service bulletin.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
It's your strut mounts. When you pull the assembly apart, the strut mounts decompress and never quite seat back together again properly, although they'll look fine. This will cause the popping noises you're hearing in the front end. If your still running stock struts you'll have to order replacement fomoco strut mounts from your dealer or online. If you decide to replace your struts with aftermarket, you can run the gt500 strut mounts. Good luck!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's your strut mounts. When you pull the assembly apart, the strut mounts decompress and never quite seat back together again properly, although they'll look fine. This will cause the popping noises you're hearing in the front end. If your still running stock struts you'll have to order replacement fomoco strut mounts from your dealer or online. If you decide to replace your struts with aftermarket, you can run the gt500 strut mounts. Good luck!
If I get the gt500 strut mounts will it be a direct replacement I've heard there is some cutting to make them fit

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
If I get the gt500 strut mounts will it be a direct replacement I've heard there is some cutting to make them fit
No it's not a direct replacement when used with your factory struts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
sinister said:
What is a tsb

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Nope just the springs
A TSB is short for technical service bulletin.... It's like a recall but it's not a recall if u walk into the dealer and say my front end makes noises they will replace CA's basically

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
No reread this post from smozilla. What I'm saying is that when you changed springs you damaged the strut mounts, not intentionally not catastrophically, but enough to make them make noises. It's not that all OEM strut mounts make noises, it's that after you took yours apart they began to

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So can I not just get the cc plates and tht will take away the strut mounts or will I still have to have strut mounts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts