Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i need some help. i lower my 2012 gt about 3 weeks ago and now when i turn the wheel either way it sounds like something in the front is cricking and i can feel a little thru the wheel. i was wondering if anyone could know what it could possibly be ? i was think maybe something wasn't greased etc. i also had the lower control arms done on the car like a month ago because of those cricking but its a different type of sound. and also does anyone know if when doing lower control arms if the strut bar has to be taken off? i only ask because i recently look under my hood and noticed that the stock one was missing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
92mustang2.3 said:
Did you replace the upper strut mounts when you lowered it cause the factory ones suck ?
I had to get the upper struts replaced on mine 1 week after i got my car. They said it wouldn't hurt anything it just sounds like a beat up junker rolling through a parking lot

·
Registered
698 Posts
92mustang2.3 said:
Did you replace the upper strut mounts when you lowered it cause the factory ones suck ?
+1. Make sure and have car aligned if you didn't but the stock should last for a bit. I've got 10,000 miles on my stock ones right now and only pop just slightly when backing out of driveway on a cooler day. Other than that they are still good.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does anyone have idea what this sound might be because i think its getting worse and it only does it when i turn the wheel ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
runthatsleeper said:
Just in the front ? Or should I do all 4 corners ? How much are they ?
Mine was covered by dealer it was the upper struts on front. They would pop and squeak at real low speeds and over bumps. The dealer said that it is a big issue that ford has looked into. I had two drive around for 2 months with the sound cause the parts were on a national backorder

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

bradtaylornator said:
Mine was covered by dealer it was the upper struts on front. They would pop and squeak at real low speeds and over bumps. The dealer said that it is a big issue that ford has looked into. I had two drive around for 2 months with the sound cause the parts were on a national backorder
Just to clear up, by big issue i mean the dealer said alot of people the have this issue, Not that it could be a catastrophic failure lol, didn't wanna give anyone the wrong idea

1 - 15 of 15 Posts