Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right I am in Ohio and have a 2013 Shelby. Ohio requires a front plate on the car. I noticed that American Muscle has flip down plate holders. Does anybody have one of these on their car they would share a picture of and if it will fit on a 13. I really don't want to drill holes in my bumper to hold a plate and driving around with out one is just asking to be pulled over.
Thanks Mike

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm in the same boat in NJ, I put one of those on my 2011 Saleen. Looks like crap when it's visible, not too bad when it's folded under. Car is stored for the winter, sorry, no pictures that I can find.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in the same boat in NJ, I put one of those on my 2011 Saleen. Looks like crap when it's visible, not too bad when it's folded under. Car is stored for the winter, sorry, no pictures that I can find.
Thanks I was thinking of getting the auto one that way if a cop says you don't have a front plate I could hit the button and by the time I get out and look it will be there:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Thanks I was thinking of getting the auto one that way if a cop says you don't have a front plate I could hit the button and by the time I get out and look it will be there:rolleyes:
Ooh yea and get a big fat ticket lol
I live in florida where we dont need it but i would imagine it is illegal to do the flip plate.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
OP,

The flip down plate is the best option if you're required to have one by law, IMO. Nothings worse than drilling holes in your front bumper! Especially if you ever go to sell the car one State over in PA, the new owner won't be too happy about having exposed holes right up front.

Hope the hidden plate works to your liking!

Shane

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OP,

The flip down plate is the best option if you're required to have one by law, IMO. Nothings worse than drilling holes in your front bumper! Especially if you ever go to sell the car one State over in PA, the new owner won't be too happy about having exposed holes right up front.

Hope the hidden plate works to your liking!

Shane
Thanks I was hoping it would fit. Now I will have to order it

·
Registered
12 Posts
All right I am in Ohio and have a 2013 Shelby. Ohio requires a front plate on the car. I noticed that American Muscle has flip down plate holders. Does anybody have one of these on their car they would share a picture of and if it will fit on a 13. I really don't want to drill holes in my bumper to hold a plate and driving around with out one is just asking to be pulled over.
Thanks Mike
I also live in Ohio made a bracket out of small rack rail. Secured from under bumper. Worked great on my 13 Boss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts