Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the front disc rotors and pads on a 67. I pulled the passenger rotor and noticed some wear on the spindle. Not sure pics show enough detail. What would indicate replacing the spindle?

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
When I took my 66 apart even with suspension damage in the front, those spindles never looked anything like that. I will admit I'm no expert, but if you have any unusual wear on a component that holds a wheel assembly on, I would replace it just for peace of mind. It would cost you a lot less than repairing the damage of losing a wheel while driving down the road.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to take a chance. But if its really ok, I don't want to replace something that's really ok.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I don't want to take a chance. But if its really ok, I don't want to replace something that's really ok.

It looks like a bearing went bad then spun burred and overheated that spindle I would not take a chance on it. The drivers side looks OK and should last a long time if you keep the bearings lubed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agree. You have No idea how much the spindle is stressed or fatigued without forcing it to fail. If these are the originals I wouldn't risk getting visual opinions. The cost of replacing isn't huge. Couple of hundred bucks to get a new one is worth piece of mind.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good call ya'll have convinced me. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts