Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have massive body roll into corners. Looked yesterday, and the previous owner removed the front sway bar. It's not a track car so I will be putting one back on next week. I'm not a mechanic by any means. I usually figure out how to remove parts and install based on that. It's not an option in this case. I have researched and can't find a good write up on the install. If someone could give me some step by steps that would be awesome! Any help is much appreciated guys!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Though I have not done your particular car, I have replaced/upgraded several vehicles in the past. You will typically find a rod extending from the vehicle frame to the end of your sway bar. That bar will have 4 bushings on it, with washers sandwiching the bushings. Then you will also have two "U"brackets that go over bushings on the sway bar itself. I would highly recommend stepping up to Polyurathane bushings over the less expensive (stock) rubber. Buy the thickest bar available. The install is pretty simple, mount the sway bar first, then install the end rods, using anti-sieze compound on the threads. Probably one of the easiest things to do for your car's handling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts