Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have been thinking on tinting my front windshield. Has anybody already done this? If so, how dark and how is the visibility through the day and night? Not to worried about getting pulled over and I know it's illegal but I honestly think it looks good.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
I personally wouldn't do it. It's illegal for a reason. It may look good, but it's not worth the risk to yourself out anyone else on the road. Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Florida3.7L said:
I personally wouldn't do it. It's illegal for a reason. It may look good, but it's not worth the risk to yourself out anyone else on the road. Just my 2¢.
Well even tinting ur side windows is illegal and Its still done. I've been seeing it lately on cars and it looks good but I was just curious to know how good or bad the visibility is

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Side windows are illegal depending on the tint percentage. I think of tinting the front windshield the same as driving at night with sunglasses on. Even a very light tint doesn't seem like much until the sun goes down.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
If you're gonna do it go 15% on sided and 35% on windshield

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
LMNO said:
Lately I have been thinking on tinting my front windshield. Has anybody already done this? If so, how dark and how is the visibility through the day and night? Not to worried about getting pulled over and I know it's illegal but I honestly think it looks good.
Yeah I may get mine tinted to reduce the glare and the UV from destroying my interior they got some that is 90% clear but it blocks all UV and reduces glare.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
99ford said:
Yeah I may get mine tinted to reduce the glare and the UV from destroying my interior they got some that is 90% clear but it blocks all UV and reduces glare.
I just want it dark enough for no one to see inside or see me Lol

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
We did my friends fusion windshield. We did a 2 on the front. I'm going to do mines also but not yet, waiting till I get other stuff done

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have 5 all around and 50 on my entire windshield. Ill post pics a little later. I wouldn't go any darker than 50 on the windshield. People looking in cant see past the end of the dashboard but I can see crystal clear outwards.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Florida3.7L said:
+1. The rationale and disregard for others is disappointing. To each his own though. My 2 cents. I hope I raise my kids to have better judgement though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
LMNO said:
I have 5% all the way around my entire windshield done at 35% and a 12 inch 5% brow the side windows are not bad at night at all and my windshield is dark enough at night but not dark enough where I can't see anything i love the way mine is setup I have a buddy that has his windshield done in all 20% and that is to dark at night I've had multiple people ask if my windsheild is still tinted because that can't even tell from the inside

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I know someone who is allergic to sunlight (no joke) and he has to have 2 cars. One has 10% tint on the windshield and 5% on everything else. (with a rear curtain and rear side window curtains. In case he gets in trouble.) He still has to wear gloves full sleeves and a hat. His night car has 5 on everything and the front has a 50. I really feel bad for the guy. He got stranded a year ago and had to spend 4 hours in his car because he couldn't get help. He literally bursts into rash in 3 seconds of exposure and anything over a minute is potentially lethal! He gets pulled over a lot but he's got all the prescriptions.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
DaBluedude said:
I know someone who is allergic to sunlight (no joke) and he has to have 2 cars. One has 10% tint on the windshield and 5% on everything else. (with a rear curtain and rear side window curtains. In case he gets in trouble.) He still has to wear gloves full sleeves and a hat. His night car has 5 on everything and the front has a 50. I really feel bad for the guy. He got stranded a year ago and had to spend 4 hours in his car because he couldn't get help. He literally bursts into rash in 3 seconds of exposure and anything over a minute is potentially lethal! He gets pulled over a lot but he's got all the prescriptions.
Oh man wow that's crazy

·
Registered
124 Posts
DaBluedude said:
Damn, that sucks. I take back my comment for this dude.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a friend with 50 on his vettes windshield and it looks sweet! Also you can barely tell from the inside.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Exactly my thoughts, and God forbid you get in a wreck. Insurance companies and other parties will look toward anything they can use to throw the book at you. Tinted windshield is a big one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
image-1707919758.jpg

Here is 50% looking out on an overcast sky. Looks nearly exactly as a windshield with no tint. All the naysayers that have never done it have no room to talk. Just my .02

1 - 20 of 29 Posts