Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's that time of the year in Illinois, my e brake freezes and I left driving with the e brake slightly applied till it thaws, any ideas on a quick fix or just replace the lines?

I was thinking my maybe WD40 would work

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Any for those who don't know this problem occurs because of the stock LCA rubbing a hole in the line where moisture now collects

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I'd try the WD first to see if it helps. Can you tell if It's the cable or the shoe.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

If its from the hole, dry with heat gun followed by WD then plastic dip to seal it up.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tc x 4 said:
I'd try the WD first to see if it helps. Can you tell if It's the cable or the shoe.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

If its from the hole, dry with heat gun followed by WD then plastic dip to seal it up.
It's the cable because the pad would heat up after 2min of driving

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
I need a fix that too :\

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Hmmm a chafe guard or teflon tape would definitely prevent the LCA from rubbing the hole in the first place. As for repairing damage already done, I would disconnect the e-brake line and slide some heatshrink onto it and shrink it down, covering the hole, then apply the chafe guard or teflon tape to the the repaired line.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
BaSohol said:
It's the cable because the pad would heat up after 2min of driving
I bet It's where the one splits into two. It's rite above your exaust pipe, just behind the mid pipe. The steel cables are exposed and the protective coverings are open on the ends.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tc x 4 said:
I bet It's where the one splits into two. It's rite above your exaust pipe, just behind the mid pipe. The steel cables are exposed and the protective coverings are open on the ends.
I believe it's where it goes thru the stock LCA cause its rubbed a hole into the line

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
BaSohol said:
I believe it's where it goes thru the stock LCA cause its rubbed a hole into the line
That could be, I just noticed today that the other end of that line is like a funnel, and It's facing forward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts