Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago (Father’s day actually) a young kid in a Honda Civic blew through an intersection red light and tried to T-Bone my Mustang. At least it seemed like he tried. I took evasive action, punched it, and ran for the ditch to get out of his path. I made it, but took a huge hit to the underside and crushed a tailpipe, and knocked the alignment out slightly (I guess it could have been out a little anyway).

So I had the front end aligned, and closely scrutinized things. It was then that I noticed my left rear tire was poking out from the fender well, and the right side was tucked way in. So after getting recommendations from various people, I got a BMR adjustable Panhard bar.

Sadly, it didn’t fit. It was way too long, even at it’s shortest adjustment. They sent the wrong one. Since it had the correct part number, yet was the wrong bar, I decided to return it for a refund, rather than an exchange.

Soooo…. I’ve always had good luck with FRPP. I purchased their twice-the-price bar. It’s not DOM steel, it’s all chromoly steel, smaller but stronger, and built with an offset to give extra clearance to my FRPP diff-cover.
lt fit like a glove.

Adjustment took all of 5 min., and now my rear-axle looks centered perfectly.

I’m very satisfied with the FRPP adjustable Panhard Bar, and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it, to anyone looking to replace their stock PHB.
Musical instrument

·
Administrator
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you and your Mustang are OK!
Welcome back 5.0 Coyote and thank you for returning to MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to return to our community.

Thanks, it did make my blood flow, and it could‘ve turned out much worse. The incident costed me roughly $400 bucks out of pocket. Sadly, I couldn’t completely make the bent tailpipe perfectly round again, but it’s not noticeable unless you actually get them at eye-level and inspect for damage. The shop that repaired my exhaust didn’t charge anything. Since they built the engine, installed the Supercharger, installed the headers & mid-pipe / other lots of other mods, I guess they could afford to throw me some goodwill labor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts