Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
I have a 2001 GT bone stock. It was always meant to be a project and I can finally start. I need a new intake manifold and from research I've noticed everyone kinda thinks the FRPP is the way to go. Will this intake bolt on without any mods and should I replace the plenum while I'm at it? I already plan on replacing the coil packs as they are the stock ones and are failing intermittently...any help or advice would be appreciated
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
Your car already has a PI intake which is the same As the FRPP intake they sell on American muscle. I would do a plenum throttle body combo with a cold air.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
704 Posts
Slow2V said:
Exhaust > Springs > Gears > Short Shifter > Plenum+70mm+Cold air intake
I disagree. Intakes don't really do much of anything on a stock 2v. We don't move enough air to require a bigger tb and the factory plenum/tb set is a champ already. 2v modular motors just do not respond to bolt-ons like a 4v does. Full bolt-ons run you a couple grand, but barely break the 300 mark. (ask me how I know, I dare ya :D)
Tuner and gears are the biggest noticeable changes. Exhaust is mostly just for aesthetics, maybe a handful of horses gained.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
BackPressure said:
I disagree. Intakes don't really do much of anything on a stock 2v. We don't move enough air to require a bigger tb and the factory plenum/tb set is a champ already. 2v modular motors just do not respond to bolt-ons like a 4v does. Full bolt-ons run you a couple grand, but barely break the 300 mark. (ask me how I know, I dare ya :D)
Tuner and gears are the biggest noticeable changes. Exhaust is mostly just for aesthetics, maybe a handful of horses gained.
i agree but disagree at same time. eddie jr or trick flow track heat or on extreme a Logan mani big tb 3inch intake 90mm maf a cam and tune you can make power till about 6300 rpm and that will be huge diffrence on a stock suck plastic intake mani with a stock air box any day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
I would run the tf intake if your not really planning on doing anything big to the engine, if you go with the victor jr on a stock engine your gonna lose more than you will gain
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
704 Posts
You can run drag racing heads all day, but if you only push factory air quantities, your power gains will be minimal.
The stock GT draws somewhere between 60 and 70% (saw the numbers a while ago and may not be citing them correctly) of the factory MAF's capacity. Unless your motor is sucking liters of extra air, the stock MAF and tb are more than sufficient.
Exactly like Coreyw said, huge intakes and plenums slow the air down so much that you lose power unless you draw enough air to fill it completely.

I'm just trying to save you money on things you don't really need at the moment, not force your opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
I tried runnin a vic jr on my first setup and it didn't work out very well, first setup was a dss 5.0l stroker kit, potted and polished pi heads, and custom cams.... I literally had no bottom end power what so ever, my average 60 ft times on et street radials was a 2.35 and best time in an 8th was an 8.89
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
Coreyw428 said:
I tried runnin a vic jr on my first setup and it didn't work out very well, first setup was a dss 5.0l stroker kit, potted and polished pi heads, and custom cams.... I literally had no bottom end power what so ever, my average 60 ft times on et street radials was a 2.35 and best time in an 8th was an 8.89
Where n/a or did you have a power adder?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
Ive seen NA GTs get 350rwhp

Non Strokers.. Non Forged Internals

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

BackPressure said:
You can run drag racing heads all day, but if you only push factory air quantities, your power gains will be minimal.
The stock GT draws somewhere between 60 and 70% (saw the numbers a while ago and may not be citing them correctly) of the factory MAF's capacity. Unless your motor is sucking liters of extra air, the stock MAF and tb are more than sufficient.
Exactly like Coreyw said, huge intakes and plenums slow the air down so much that you lose power unless you draw enough air to fill it completely.

I'm just trying to save you money on things you don't really need at the moment, not force your opinion.

Your funny.. You do know 2V MAF are big enough unless you go Forced Induction.. Who has stock Quanities anyways ?
I said a 70mm That isnt big.. Stock plenum is very restricted.. stock Tb is like 52mm.. Restrictive..

If you want.more airflow get more airflow.. We are talking NA not PA

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

A Full Bolt On GT with Tires runs 12s .. What more do you want ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,013 Posts
What did the na gts pushing 350hp have? Curious to know what setups they ran non fi and non stroked
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
a na 2v making 350. is 38cc twisted wedge heads logan intake mani notched pistons stage 5 na cam. e85 or 100 oct and a aggressive tune.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Mzilla said:
Where n/a or did you have a power adder?
These runs was n/a, I was ticked about how much money I spent to barely run faster times than what it did stock so then I changed some stuff and got the twin turbo setup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
01bullitt said:
a na 2v making 350. is 38cc twisted wedge heads logan intake mani notched pistons stage 5 na cam. e85 or 100 oct and a aggressive tune.
No

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Ported Heads
Stage 3 Cams
Full Bolt ons ( Fuel aswell, no E85 )
Dyno tuned ofcourse
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Slow2V said:
No

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Ported Heads
Stage 3 Cams
Full Bolt ons ( Fuel aswell, no E85 )
Dyno tuned ofcourse
I'll agree there, as long as the person does the research on what they get
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Okay... I was agreeing that it could be done, alot of ppl don't realize there is alot of potential for a 4.6l 2 valve engine, even n/a
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top