Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 02 convertable and am looking for a 1.25 -1.5 inch drop, any other vert owners use these or somthing else?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
232stang said:
they are 210 dollars for that price i suggest h&r springs or eibachs
I wondered if a vert dropped different than the coupe

Also I cant seem to find the drop I want in h&r or eibachs (1.25 -1.5) im worried 1.5 will be too low, I dont want to buy c/c plates.
I do have a set of mach1 tokicos to pair up with the springs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I will cut the rear dead coil and use the c-springs that I have, at least for now see what that looks like.

Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
i have an 03 vert. and im looking into springs but i really dont want a drop so drastic as 1.5in.. im thinking just .75 in.. bc i already bottomed out hard enough to break the lil plastic guard that suppose to protect the underbody in the front. however.. with a new spring .75in. drop and other suspension upgrades would CC plates be a necessity.. do they help suspension that much?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
charkelly9 said:
i have an 03 vert. and im looking into springs but i really dont want a drop so drastic as 1.5in.. im thinking just .75 in.. bc i already bottomed out hard enough to break the lil plastic guard that suppose to protect the underbody in the front. however.. with a new spring .75in. drop and other suspension upgrades would CC plates be a necessity.. do they help suspension that much?
You should just use the c-springs thats about the drop you will get if you dont cut and use your isolators.]

And you wont need c/c plates, no problem

Ill sell you a brand new set still in the box if your interested :)

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
C springs will give you 1.2-1.3 all around, having a convertable you may not need to cut the rear springs (but im sure you will the weight is not that much more ) so i would install them with out cutting and then cut a half coil and see hwo that works... i doubt you will need more than half a coil on the backs cut.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts