Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, they are both fairly close to what I'm looking for, and I don't mind paying the extra $10 for the Borla. I kind of like the 1" bigger tips on it. Anyone who has personal experience with either can chime in, but I have serious auto knowledge so don't need no think they know it alls posting. thanks... lol :lmao:

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I've got 4 inch with the pipes. Trust me. They are huge! But I wanted straight trough. I like the ford racing better as far as sound. But the borla, oh God they are deep

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I have these. Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust. They Growl when started up. Once you get down the road, inside noise level is really low.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have ford racing sport axle backs, they are Borla Stingers and even had a Borla hat in the Ford Box. Ford Touring (CA legal) is Borla Touring. I have large tips that say Ford on them instead of Borla.

They are nice and loud and not as bad noise wise as the ATAKs I was thinking about. You can't go by posted videos, they don't sound like in person ever.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I have ford racing sport axle backs, they are Borla Stingers and even had a Borla hat in the Ford Box. Ford Touring (CA legal) is Borla Touring. I have large tips that say Ford on them instead of Borla.

They are nice and loud and not as bad noise wise as the ATAKs I was thinking about. You can't go by posted videos, they don't sound like in person ever.
Yeah Borla makes Ford Racing's exhaust!

·
Registered
350 Posts
They are not the same. The Borla stingers are straight through and the FRPP are chambered mufflers.

The FRPP are made by Borla an are similar to the stingers, but they are not just a rebrande stinger muffler.

I've hear both in real life. The Borla S Type is louder when WOT because of the straight through design

·
Registered
737 Posts
powerwhee said:
They are not the same. The Borla stingers are straight through and the FRPP are chambered mufflers.

The FRPP are made by Borla an are similar to the stingers, but they are not just a rebrande stinger muffler.

I've hear both in real life. The Borla S Type is louder when WOT because of the straight through design
Yep, that's it. Couldn't think earlier, just woke up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for all the responses, heard a 2013 v6 like mine the other day and he had the basanii axle backs and they were awesome sounding, not bad when daily driving, but get on it and wow, no ricy sound at all, just mean, deep anger is the best way to describe it. no i'm thinking the chambered design of the touring and the frpp sports are gonna not be enough for me, even though i don't want loud raspy sounding exhaust, i want something with some balls if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
thanks for all the responses, heard a 2013 v6 like mine the other day and he had the basanii axle backs and they were awesome sounding, not bad when daily driving, but get on it and wow, no ricy sound at all, just mean, deep anger is the best way to describe it. no i'm thinking the chambered design of the touring and the frpp sports are gonna not be enough for me, even though i don't want loud raspy sounding exhaust, i want something with some balls if you know what i mean.
You'll have to do a mid pipe and some sort of headers. That's what I'm having to do

1 - 20 of 54 Posts