Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guy's think or know if the cut and clamp X-pipes would change the exhaust note? Eventually I will go with long tubes and X-pipe w/high flow cats when the budget allows. FRPP offers a cut and clamp X thats relatively cheap and easy to install. Any info would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,714 Posts
Do you guy's think or know if the cut and clamp X-pipes would change the exhaust note? Eventually I will go with long tubes and X-pipe w/high flow cats when the budget allows. FRPP offers a cut and clamp X thats relatively cheap and easy to install. Any info would be appreciated.
Yes, it will change the sound a little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your going with headers why waste money.
Long tube headers = $600 X-pipe w/high flow cats = $400 Tune = $350 Cut and clamp X-pipe = $130. At this time this upgrade is affordable. It may take up to a year before I can afford the LT's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,783 Posts
mjblue09 said:
Long tube headers = $600 X-pipe w/high flow cats = $400 Tune = $350 Cut and clamp X-pipe = $130. At this time this upgrade is affordable. It may take up to a year before I can afford the LT's.
Your wasting $130 for nothing. If you don't like the exaust sound, go to a local muffler shop and have straight pipes welded on. An x pipe alone will not give you what your looking for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
916 Posts
tc x 4 said:
Your wasting $130 for nothing. If you don't like the exaust sound, go to a local muffler shop and have straight pipes welded on. An x pipe alone will not give you what your looking for.
+1

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

I wouldn't bother with the x pipe right now. You really notice anything with a cut and clamp x pipe. The tone might change very slightly that's about it. I would take that 130 dollars and put it towards the longtubes and x pipe

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Stang23 said:
+1

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

I wouldn't bother with the x pipe right now. You really notice anything with a cut and clamp x pipe. The tone might change very slightly that's about it. I would take that 130 dollars and put it towards the longtubes and x pipe
Won't*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
mjblue09 said:
Long tube headers = $600 X-pipe w/high flow cats = $400 Tune = $350 Cut and clamp X-pipe = $130. At this time this upgrade is affordable. It may take up to a year before I can afford the LT's.
Dude just be patient my whole setup was 1500 but that wasn't for a year after I got my car now I'm happy I waited instead of feeling like I wasted my money on that clamp on x pipe or something similar
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top