Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my mustang with an agreement some scratches would get fixed and they would detail the inside and oh yea they were going to fix my stripes. To keep a long story short the salesman agreed to some things that are no longer happening and the stripe kit I bought because they were goin to be put on are sitting in my trunk. I've seen a few videos on YouTube and pretty much with a heat gun "carefully" I can remove the clear bra. Anyone know if its the same for the vinyl stripes.

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
The heat gun will help soften the stripes to take them off, just don't use to high heat too close to the paint or you will damage it. Taking off stripes is a tedious process

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The heat gun will help soften the stripes to take them off, just don't use to high heat too close to the paint or you will damage it. Taking off stripes is a tedious process
That's what I figured thanks. What about the residue what should I use to take that off without damaging the paint?

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
Some goof off or or goo gone, probably mix that with some water. And a lot of elbow grease

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well just finished taking off my clear front end and roof protectant off and got the old stripes off. Tomorrow is new stripes and rocker panels. It's a shame u have to do things yourself these days but hey I'm gonna be happy I did it myself. I will post before and after pictures tomorrow

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well just finished taking off my clear front end and roof protectant off and got the old stripes off. Tomorrow is new stripes and rocker panels. It's a shame u have to do things yourself these days but hey I'm gonna be happy I did it myself. I will post before and after pictures tomorrow
be careful putting stripes on! i see some F***ed up stripes around here. haha

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
clear bra's are very costly to have installed (like 1200 bucks+ easy) fyi sucks you had to take yours off.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you got it from a dealership, threaten to go postal on online reviews. And if they don't give any help, them just do so.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm guessing you don't have anything in writing from the salesman. But I you do, it shouldn't be a problem getting them to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts