Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel gauge is stuck on super full. I bought this car a couple days ago and it's my first mustang. Where should I check first to help me find the solution? Thanks

·
Banned
422 Posts
Very common problem. Have you gone through a full tank yet? Mine reads full until it gets down to 1/4 tank and then it works. Its most likely your sending unit located in the tank

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not let my tank get low yet. Ill look into the sending unit thanks a lot ill let you know how that goes. Or should I run my car without filling up for a couple days to see if it moves to confirm this is the problem?

·
Registered
571 Posts
This is the same thing that happened to me. When I first got my mustang it was at about 3/8 full, so I filled it up all the way, the needle was past full. That was where it stayed too. I though/ hoped that I was just getting really good gas mileage, then when it hit 5/8s it started working. It works when it is getting low and that is when it needs too. It doesn't bother me, so it shall stay like that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ill go without filling see if it eventually starts working when my tank hits a point. ill throw a gas can in the back just in case lol thanks for the help

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Thanks ill go without filling see if it eventually starts working when my tank hits a point. ill throw a gas can in the back just in case lol thanks for the help
That's what I had to do with my Nissan. It worked but every time I get over 3/4 of the tank the needle slowly wonders up above full. It's a pita.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds to me like you will never run out of gas. ;)
Haha converted my stang to run on hpoes and dreams

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Sounds to me like you will never run out of gas. ;)
---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Haha converted my stang to run on hopes and dreams

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

·
Banned
422 Posts
The420fox said:
Thanks Guys at a quarter tank the gauge started working and the light came on.
Good deal. I would just let it be until you have a better reason to drop the tank, fuel pump issue or something like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts