Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 19GT PP1 for almost 3 months and have only put 2300 miles on the car.
I never let the fuel gauge get below half...until going up to Seattle to visit my son last week.
I was in bumper to bumper...10mph traffic... when I saw the needle on the gas gauge go from between half and a quarter to E...instantly, then went back to where it was before and then fell to E and warning that I only had 4 more miles before the tank was empty came on. Luckily I was able to pull of I-5 and get to a gas station on 0 miles remaining. When I filled the tank it would only take 10 gallons so I figured something was screwy with the sensor/gauge and still had maybe 6 gallons left. On my return trip this past Wednesday, the gauge dropped to E and warning light came on as before and I thought to myself that I could go another 100 miles at least because I was cruising on the freeway...I was wrong because after 50/60 miles it ran out of gas. Luckily I was near an exit with a gas station, I pulled off and the car died. I got a 2 gallon gas can and filled up the tank, then drove and put more gas in it.
Here is a picture of the Mustang and the Katzkin leather interior.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so what was the fix.
Thanks for your replys.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
It might be a problem with a sending unit inside of the tank malfunctioning.... Who knows though. :shrug:

It's a good thing that it is still under warranty!
Post an update when Ford figures out what went wrong.

Interior looks great!

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's crazy and I probably would have never known because I rarely let the gauge get below half.
Thanks, the interior looks just like it came that way from the factory and it's a lot more comfortable than the cloth.
I'll let you know what they find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts