Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 Mustang Coupe with a 351W, and a 600cfm 4 barrel edelbrock carb. The car is used as my daily driver. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to convert to fuel injection. Cost? Efficiency? Would it be better for everyday driving? Thanks in advance. Also, any more questions about the set up just ask. Also, I would like to know the pros and cons of both carbs and fuel injection if possible.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
U can use the intake injectors and ecu and harness off of a newer fi 351w and have it tunned

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a 67 Mustang Coupe with a 351W, and a 600cfm 4 barrel edelbrock carb. The car is used as my daily driver. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to convert to fuel injection. Cost? Efficiency? Would it be better for everyday driving? Thanks in advance. Also, any more questions about the set up just ask. Also, I would like to know the pros and cons of both carbs and fuel injection if possible.
Hello, what year is your 351w motor? I currently have a 302 and I am looking into upgrading to a 351w. What kind of power are you getting with your 351w?

·
Registered
40 Posts
With that 600 your getting good gas mileage if its set accordingly . The cost of the fuel injection system to me is not worth it and trouble . I would stick with the carb my friend unless fuel injection is something you just want to do . Hope this helps ya

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I don't think that you get much out of it. The new mustangs with FI have computer controlled coil packs and injectors. The computer is what really gives you an advantage. You'll have to change intake and fuel pump and a closed loop fuel pump system. They sell FI that looks like a carb setup. These old engines weren't the height of efficiency.
If you're looking for HP, I'd invest in Heads or a Cam. If you're looking for economy, I'd look into an AOD or 5 speed whichever you have.

·
Registered
160 Posts
EFI can be expensive. you can buy ten carbs for the cost of the average EFI system. the only real advantage EFI has over carbs is its flexibility in regards to the amount of alcohol in the fuel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts